Chapter 11 - Yule Ball

Third-Person POV

24th December 1994

Hermione, Ginny and Tilly were running around, getting ready for the dance in Hermione's door. Harry, Ron and the other boys left about five minutes ago, not wanting to wait. Hermione had a light silver eye look, and a pale pink lipstick to go with it. Ginny and little blush and a lip gloss, not wanting to use much makeup. Tilly is the last out of the bathroom, and with her black dress, she had a nude lipstick, light brown eye look, and black heels. The emerald green at the bottom of her dress made her eyes stand out completely. Tilly slips on all of her jewellery, the necklace her Dad gave her, the snake earrings and ring Draco had given her. She looked over to the one ring she never worn, in case someone saw it, or she lost it, but tonight to put it on. Tilly walks out looking to her best friends. Hermione smiles and Ginny gasps.

"Tills, you look stunning. Where'd all the jewellery come from?" Hermione asks as Ginny looks at the ring, on Tilly's ring finger.

"Draco gave me most of it, and the necklace is from my Dad."

"What this ring?" Ginny points to Tilly's finger, with the one ring on it. Tilly sighs,

"That one is a Malfoy Family ring, given by an heir, to their one and only." Tilly states.

"One and only, what?" The two girls ask.

"That's up to the person. Now, Mione, are you going to tell us why you said no to Victor three time before excepting?" Hermione blushes, turning away from the two not wanting to say why she held off from taking Krum to the dance.

"I wanted someone else to ask me, but he never did," Hermione said shortly. Tilly could tell she didn't want to say who but knew it was Ron she wanted to go with. Maybe she just didn't want to say so in front of Ginny.

Tilly claps her hands together and takes the two girl's arms. The three of them walk together, until the second last turn when Ginny runs off to find any of her friends and Neville. Hermione and Tilly walk up until the final turn. Tilly stops and lets Hermione walk on her own down the stairs and looks around the corner to see everyone looking at her in awe. She really is beautiful, the way she smiled when Victor come up to her. And giggle looking at Harry. The four champions and their date were all waiting for Tilly now. They could replace her as she is one of the champions, so they had to wait. Draco had made Pansy wait to go inside until he saw Tilly arrive, but used the excuse that he was waiting for Crabbe, who isn't coming.

Tilly feels a hand on her shoulder and looks over to see her Dad, standing proud in front of his daughter.

"You look beautiful, Tilly. I wish Lily could see you like this." Severus sighs, looking down which makes him notice the green finish to the dress. He looks back up, and Tilly's eyes pop out, against the back, but are guided by the green.

"Thanks, Dad. We should go. I'm running a bit late."

"They couldn't start without you, even if they wanted to." Snape smiles softly, taking Tilly arm with his and walks her down the stairs. Harry and Draco look up hearing shoes on the stairs, and both lose their breath. As did anyone else around. Draco is speechless, unable to find words for the beauty that he looks upon. Draco smiles slightly when he sees all her jewellery he gave her, but the one that makes his heartbeat, that little bit faster, is his families ring — the one he gave her the day after his first transformation. To him, his one and only is love, and that love is Tilly. And forever will be. Draco takes Pansy inside as soon as Tilly reaches Harry, not wanting to break his heart even more.

Tilly places her hand on top of Harry's, and they line up behind the others, standing at the back of the line. Tilly sees Draco sneak inside quickly with Pansy as if he didn't even want to see her. The doors open, and the music starts. The champions and their dates, walking swiftly, starting with Fleur and her date, the Hermione and Vitor, the Cho and Cedrick and finally Tilly and Harry. Everyone clasp for them, and many gasps at seeing Hermione, but as Tilly and Harry walk in all eyes are on them. More specifically on Tilly. Everyone is speechless at the sight to her, the way her dress fits, and the colour how it suits her. Tilly sees her Dad, Gramps and Grams, all smiling proud of her and happy for her. But the eyes she locks onto, lock straight back at her; even as the champions start their dance. Tilly had done hours and hours of dancing practice with Harry for this, and he was finally able to do it correctly two days ago.