14| 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

/𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥/

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

I looked at myself in the blue bikini I was wearing. It contrasted against my pale skin and tightly hugged my curves.

I looked at myself more.

I frowned.

Symmetry is favored in nature.

Well, I guess it's more balance than symmetry.

Naturally, balance is the goal, as for every reaction there must always be an equal and opposite reaction. It's seen in everything around us. Light and dark; moon and sun; kim kardashian and kanye west.

There must always be a yin to a yang.

Growing up I didn't have much of a figure, however once junior year hit there were some pretty noticeable changes. My hips widened and boobs grew from an A cup. But they were uneven.

My right one was bigger than my left and I panicked. I felt wrong.

Then I realized it was perfectly normal. They evened out eventually and now I was a C cup.

I would come home and look at myself in the mirror, dragging my hands up and down the sides of my body. I liked feeling my hips suddenly curve inward to my petite waist and then out again to accommodate my chest.

Yet, the change in my body was sudden.

And it showed.

I had white stretch marks on the outside of my hips and on my chest, different on both sides. I didn't think much about them before. Then one day when we were in the locker room changing I saw mine. But no one else's.

Nina had noticed my sudden reluctance to put on the skirt. She had called them my little tiger stripes and said I looked like a cute little cat. I had just laughed at it and brushed it off, but it helped me feel a lot better.

Turning around, I looked at myself from the back. There were a few pimples here and there but they weren't too bad.

At least my butt got perky from cheer practice.

I locked eyes with myself in the mirror.

Positive affirmations people. Positive affirmations.

"It's natural. I look good. It's natural." I said to myself.

I took a deep breath and smiled before grabbing my towel and heading out.

After a long day of unpacking and buying groceries, we decided to relax in the hot tub. It was way too cold and way too late to go into the lake itself. It was still really pretty though, especially when the full moon was out.

Stepping onto the deck, my mouth gaped at how magical it all looked. The moon was beaming above us and the deck had fairy lights wrapped around it.

Nina and James were in the hot tub already so I gently set my towel down and joined them.

"Hey," Nina smiled at me before cringing when James splashed water in her face.

She wiped her eyes and glared at him as he laughed. She then put her hands together and splashed at much water as she could onto him. A large wave of water hit his face and even I had to back up a little bit.

I chuckled.

"Alright, that's it. Nobody is safe." James stated and stood up.

Wait.