23| 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥

/𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥/

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Alexander's nerves were practically radiating off him on the car ride to my house. It didn't help that it was practically silent the whole way, except for the few times I gave him instructions. I had never seen him like this before, but I guess he started to change after he "marked" me.

We pulled up to my house and my mood only worsened looking at the familiar one story.

"Um, thanks," I said quietly and moved to get out of the car but Alexander called my name and I eagerly looked at him.

He paused for a moment and I relaxed back into the seat waiting for him to speak. I felt my palms get sweaty with the lengthy pause he took before telling me what was on his mind.

My dad always told me to expect the unexpected.

Right now, I think I was doing a good job. My mind was racing with a myriad of possibilities of what he might say- and none of them good. I automatically jumped to the worst conclusions, preparing myself for impending doom, but it never came.

Alexander started to speak again, his voice deep and smooth and a warm fluttery feeling came over me. There was an odd sense of reassurance in my mind and I suddenly felt like I could predict what he was going to say.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" Alexander offered me a small smile, the tips of his ears slightly turning pink.

Cue the internal screaming.

My head nodded yes before I could even fully process the question and Alexander gave me a broad smile, showcasing his pearl white teeth. I couldn't help but smile back. I felt my cheeks heat up and the mark on my neck start to burn.

I gulped, suddenly realizing the high of emotion I was feeling. I had never felt this way about anyone, ever. Nina and Alexander had said something about this, that since I couldn't mark him back my feelings for Alexander would me heightened - and something about how what I'm feeling right now is similar to how a werewolf feels when they mark their mate.

So does this mean that Alexander feels the same way?

I looked over his face once more to try and tell, but my breath was suddenly caught in my throat. My brain grasped the small proximity between us and the way his eyes were also scanning over my face.

Jesus, I felt like I had taken a shot of pure oxytocin.

I could feel myself becoming overwhelmed - the intruding thought of the fact that I was eventually going to part ways with him in just a few minutes shattered me. It was acknowledging this.

My mind could sense that something was weird about the attachment I already felt towards him despite us barely knowing each other and it wasn't just physical attraction, it was something deeper.

Not saying that physical attraction wasn't part of it though.

Alexander was still resting a large, veiny hand on the steering wheel, the other one resting on its elbow on the middle console. It had suddenly become very dark in the car, as the automatic interior lights turned off. I could barely see anything except the broad and muscular outline of his body.

"I'll walk you to the door,"

His voice was suddenly gruff, and almost strained. I couldn't take a full breath until he got out of the car and shut the door.