25| 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘢

/𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥/

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

I frantically walked to school as fast as I possibly could. My quads painfully burned and the heels of my feet were pounding with a dull ache but I couldn't let my pace down. The cold air made every stretch in my legs ache and I could feel my achilles tendon distressingly striate with every step. My upper back strained trying to keep up my normal book bag and cheer bag.

Over the past few months that I've been here, I've noticed that my memory is beginning to fail me and now as a consequence I'm speed walking like it's nobody's business on a Monday morning.

Getting back to the memory thing, I think it might actually be something serious. I didn't realize it at first, mainly because my grades have stayed up but recently, as I look back on things, there are these huge gaps. Nothing but darkness for several days and perhaps nothing important in those days and maybe that's why I don't remember them, but the days following there's always something new.

Always.

Like when I passed out after a wolf - actually, correction- after Alexander bit me. Where did those three day go? What happened to me? Those could not have possibly been normal days that had just slipped my mind. Something happened. And I still have a scar that miraculously healed itself in those three days to prove it.

And then there was this weekend.

What happened this weekend?

Besides my date with Alexander, which I don't even know if it actually happened, I couldn't remember anything. All I had in the little pool of memories for the past three days were moving back into my house, getting ready for the date, and Nina picking me up. After that there's nothing.

Now that I think about it, I don't even remember coming back from the trip with them, like at all. How did I even get back?

But I do know that when I woke up this morning, I had scrapes all over my legs and head hurt. Like a lot.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to see if it was there but it felt like just the last time, when I couldn't remember anything from what happened after the woods. I felt like someone had opened up my brain like a filing cabinet and took out just those days specifically.

Why can't I just remember?

God, it was only 9 am on a Monday morning, and I already wanted to cry.

Frustrating as all this was, and more importantly so, it had also slipped my mind to turn my alarm back on after break and now here I am, huffing and puffing and trying not to cry on my way to class.

My numb fingers gripped onto the straps on my bags harder and I pressed my elbows into myself to try and warm myself up. It didn't work. I'm not sure why I thought it would but I was desperate and the crew neck sweatshirt I was wearing was not enough against the cold. Cheering at the football game tonight will be so much fun. Yay.

The school parking lot came into view and hastened my pace knowing I was so close to warmth. When I finally reached the door, my hands were too chilled to move them so I just slammed my body into the door and hoped for the best. It opened the slightest amount and slid my body across the door inside.

My boots slapped against the linoleum floor as I walked down the locker room to drop my cheer stuff off and then trudged up the stairs to finally get to my first class.

Ring.

Okay.

Second class.

What even is my second class today?