17| 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘯𝘵

/𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥/

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

My red emergency inhaler stared at me, while it rested on my bed.

Asthma actually really sucks.

A lot.

I don't look like someone who would get completely asphyxiated just running one mile, but I was.

My lungs would swell and fill with extra mucus and I had no idea how to calm myself down without steroids. Unfortunately, sometimes it would just get hard to breathe because I was having a panic attack and even the emergency inhaler would not help then, but if it was in reach I would take it.

I knew I should probably pack it just in case, but at the same time we were just supposed to be walking. Cheer had held up my endurance so I brushed it off and left it on my bed.

Actually, on second thought.

I swiped it from the bed and shoved into my coat pocket before walking out. As I was walking towards the front door, I saw Nina walk up to me.

"James and I are going to scout the trail first and make sure it's not too slippery. We'll be back soon," I nodded at her and she left with James.

Yawning, I decided to go to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee. It was about noon, but I was still pretty tired and needed energy for the hike. I took off my coat and set it on a chair before grabbing a mug and getting my coffee.

When I finished, I rinsed it in the sink and looked around the house.

Where are they?

I walked back to the front door, opening it and looking outside. The path to the trail was about a hundred meters from the front of the lake house and there was a lush and dense forest surrounding it.

When there was no sign of James or Nina, I closed the door again.

Looking around the empty house, I sighed to myself.

Where did they go?

And the hell is Alexander?

I was pretty sure he didn't leave with them but if he was still here I'm almost one-hundred percent positive he would have annoyed or teased me by now.

"What are you doing?"

There it is.

Startled, I jumped and turned around to face Alexander who had his arms crossed over his chest, "Where are Nina and James?"

I shrugged and looked down at the carpeted hallway, "They said they were looking at the trail,"

He sighed, "When did they say that?"

"Like ten minutes ago."

He pulled out his phone and went through it before putting it back in his pocket.

"It's probably fine, let's just meet them out there." He said.

I nodded my head in agreement and we walked out of the house and over the trail. It was a little muddy but it wasn't too bad. A few steps up the hike, I noticed myself getting a little winded trying to keep up with Alexander. I coughed a little, trying to get my lungs clear.

He noticed and stopped walking, allowing me to catch up.

We walked slowly the rest of the way, with him occasionally pausing so I could catch my breath and keep up with him.