Chapter 5: The Rumors

She walked towards me. She had blonde hair, just like me. 

"Come," she said to me in a quiet voice and gave me her hand.

I did not feel safe enough to take her hand. She stared at me. I was frightened by the sight of her. She had a long bluish-white dress and her cheeks were pink. 

I got up from my bed and ran as fast as I could. I locked myself in the bathroom and was relieved that she wasn't there. Well, I thought she wasn't there. I turned around and there she was. My heart was beating so fast in fear. I did not know what to do. She said to me again,

"Come, and I will show you somewhere you will never forget. Come and I will lead you."

I began to walk backward, frightened. Her eyes looked like she was staring inside of my soul, even though it was almost completely dark in there. I ran as fast as I could. I opened the door to Ma's room. Her eyes opened as soon as I walked in.

"Scarlet?" She whispered, "What are you doing here, it's so late." 

"I saw a girl standing beside my bedside. She followed me to the bathroom, where I tried to escape from her," I told Ma, my heart beating so fast in fear.

"Oh, Scarlet," Ma replied, "I'm sure it was just your mind."

I sighed, knowing for sure that I saw something that was not just my imagination. Dad woke up, puzzled.

"Why are you in here?" He questioned me. 

"She says she saw a ghost on her bedside," Ma answered.

Dad laughed, "Oh please, Scarlet, it was probably just a dream."

I sighed. No one is believing me. I am 100% sure that I saw something there.

"Okay," Ma said, ready to proffer, "How about this: If you're really that scared, you can sleep in here tonight."

"I will," I whispered, with my head down. "I'll go get my pillows and blanket."

I walked out of their room and went into mine. The room was cold and my window was left open. I went towards the window to shut it and then grabbed the things I needed to stay in my parent's room. I wondered why my window was left open. It was probably that girl again. I didn't feel safe in my room anymore. I walked into my parent's room and laid down near the edge of their bed. I thought I was too old to do this, but that's okay. Sometimes, you just become scared. The next thing I knew, I fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of light rain. I quickly looked at the window, relieved that it was daytime. I checked the time on the clock: 7:46. It was not bad, though it was earlier than the time I usually wake up. I got ready and headed downstairs for breakfast.

My parents came down two hours later.

"We're going to an open house today your new school," Dad mentioned. "Go put on your shoes and let's get ready to go."

After a while, we drove into the parking lot of the school. The school looked pretty modern, but nowhere near as good as my old one. We walked into the school.

"Welcome!" The principal exclaimed.

"Nice to meet you," my parents greeted. 

"This is my daughter Scarlet," Ma said, "She is going to be attending the school in a week. And this is my son Lucas, he's not attending here, he just wanted to take a look at the school."

"Great!" The principal said, "I will have one of the students show Scarlet around, he should be here in a minute or so. While he is showing Scarlet around, I will talk to you guys and help you learn more about the school."

I felt anxious because a boy would be showing me around. He walked in.

"There he is!" The principal grinned. "He is one of the best students in the school. Scarlet, it will be a pleasure for him to show you around."

I smiled awkwardly and stared at the floor.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Theron, nice to meet you!" The boy said and shook his hand with my parents.

"Nice to meet you too," my parents replied.

"My name is Noah," he told them. He looked at me. "And your name must be Scarlet."

"Yep," I answered awkwardly, "My name is Scarlet. Hey."

"Well, I enjoyed meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Theron, I am now going to show Scarlet around." He stated.

Noah left the office and I followed him.

While we were walking in the hallway, he began asking me some questions.

"So, where did you move?" He asked me.

"Just some random home next to the woods and no homes around it whatsoever," I told him.

"Wait, you're telling me you live in the Warily House?" He looked at me with a mix of surprised and scared.

"The what?" I questioned him, thinking of who would name a house something like that.

"The Warily House, people around the area named that house because it's known for having ghosts frighten people around there." He explained.

"Interesting," I told him.

"The ghosts frightened people over there so much that people moved out." Noah continued.

Noah looked at me into my eyes. "So be careful, there's a new ghost coming after every move in."