Chapter 11: Rosenna

"How could you!" I yelled. "You were there when we saw her. You knew she was trying to ruin my life. And yet you still don't believe me!"

I was in tears.

"That's what I get for befriending a rude guy anyway," I whispered.

I began to walk towards the house, away from him.

I went straight into the bedroom and began to cry. 

I really thought he would help me stop her from doing all of this. I mean, isn't that the reason we became friends anyway?

I lay on my bed and continue to cry.

I was filled with anger, sadness, and betrayal at the same time.

I didn't want my life to go downhill because of her. I'm not going to let this happen every single day for me.

I made up my mind to face her. 

I realized I needed to be brave and stop her. Even if Noah can't do that with me, that is fine. I'll just do it myself. I know I am capable of it.

I grabbed and put on all the things I think I need to face her. Tablet, money, a random bat (just in case), and some spare clothing once she decides to drown me again.

I quietly walked down the stairs and headed out the door.

I decided to walk to the shack once again.

It felt much scarier when I was walking by myself, but I knew I could do it.

I walked until I made it in the shack. I walked slowly up the staircase, going to the room Noah and I found her.

That's when I saw her. This time she wasn't turned around. Instead, she looked directly at me.

"So, how did school go?" She grinned.

I stared at her, angrily.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked her. "It's not fair, I don't even know you."

"Do you really want to know the reason why, Scar?" She walked closer to me.

I walked backward.

"Just tell me why so you can just stop torturing me!" I yelled.

"Fine," she agreed. "Touch my hand."

I knew this wasn't the best thing to do, but I was just over her at this point. I wanted to do everything I could to just stop her.

I touched her hand.

We were back at the lake.

"I'm doing this to you because of your Mother," she said.

"Oh, please. My Ma does not associate with ghosts like you," I grumbled.

She stared at me.

"I was her sister." She told me. "When I was younger, your Mother never treated me right. She would never have time for me. She and her friends would make fun of me, all the time. So when I died, your Mother felt the guilt she deserved. But because I died, I wasn't able to fully get the revenge I wanted to."

She brought me to a black screen.

"So now that she has a child of hers, it's finally my chance. There's nothing better than a vulnerable, innocent 13-year-old to get my revenge on."

She continued, "Your plans to escape me, they're not going to work. I'm going to be with you forever."

She smiled at me.

"Now that we're friends, I can finally tell you my name! My name is Rosenna," she continued.

"We were NEVER friends and we will NEVER be!" I yelled. 

She walked closer to me, "You're going to regret saying that."

She disappeared. I saw what looked like thousands of people on the black screen. They all walked towards me. I ran out of the shack, but I could not stop envisioning them.

I felt like I was being trampled. A shadow in the woods appeared.

I felt like I was being punched and someone was trying to choke me. 

I screamed at the top of my lungs.