Chapter 6: The Shack

He continued to stare at me. I was guessing that was his way of asking me if I saw a ghost.

"Well, yesterday night I saw a girl near my bedside," I told Noah. "She chased me until I went to my parents' bedroom."

He looked at me with a concerned look.

"Do you know where she is?" Noah asked me.

"I thought ghosts were a bad thing," I stated, "Why are you trying to look for her?"

"Well, I was thinking that if we met her we could know her principles," He replied. "If we know what she wants from you, maybe we can do it so she could leave."

"I guess that's a good idea," I said to Noah. "Does that mean you will stay over at my house to see the ghost?"

"I won't be able to stay over," he told me, "But I should be able to stay for a few hours."

"Great, when will you come?" I questioned.

"Sometime before school starts," He said, "Maybe in two days?"

"Deal," I confirmed with him.

"We got a little distracted there," he announced. "I'll continue to give you a tour of the school so we can go back to the office soon."

Noah showed me around the school. Math class, Science, the bathrooms, English, Language class, History, Reading, Gym, Arts and Crafts, Music, and so many other places. The school was huge. We finished the tour and went back to the office.

"Welcome back, Scarlet and Noah, the principal exclaimed. "How was the tour?"

"The tour was good," We responded.

"I'm glad to hear," the principal smiled, "Your parents signed all the papers for you to come to school tomorrow."

I smiled at the principal. 

"I can't wait to come next week," I told him.

"That's amazing. I am so excited to see you next time. Have a great afternoon, all of you." The principal said.

When we were walking out of the office to leave the school, I turned around and waved and Noah. He waved back and smiled. 

                                   _____________Two Days Later____________

I was sewing a hat and mittens for myself when I heard the doorbell ring. It was around noon. As soon as I heard the doorbell, I knew it was Noah. 

"I'll get the door!" I yelled out and ran down the steps. I opened the door for Noah. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with a pair of jeans. 

"Hey, Scarlet," he grinned, "How are you?"

"I'm great!" I exclaimed, "Come in."

I led him into the kitchen where my parents were. 

"Hello, Noah," they said.

"Noah and I are going to take a walk," I told them.

"Okay, don't go too far," they replied.

But Noah and I already ran out the door of the house. We walked somewhere near the house.

"So, where are we heading," he asked.

"I'm not sure," I replied, "Aren't we trying to find her somewhere."

"Right," he remembered.

We stayed close together while walking through the woods. I saw a roof somewhere.

"Hey, Noah?" I called him.

"Yea? What's wrong," he asked me.

"I see a piece of a roof in the distance. Can that be a sign that there's another place near here?" I curiously asked him.

"That's a good point," he replied, "I think we should follow it."

We went where the piece of the roof was. That's when Noah noticed a shack.

"There's a shack!" Noah yelled.

"Where, we need to follow it!" I replied desperately. 

We ran close together to where the shack was.

"Here it is," Noah stated.

"We're not going in here, are we?" I questioned.

"Well, we have no other choice. We've been looking so hard for her, this is our chance to see her," Noah acknowledged.

"I guess so," I agreed with him.

We took our first good look at the shack. It was dusty and looked pretty old. Noah held my hand. I did not expect that at all, but I held it back anyway. 

Noah took the first step and went into the house. The door squeaked as he opened it. When we went inside, there was a set of stairs and a dining set. The house smelled like smoke. 

I felt a strange presence around me.

"Do you feel that too?" I asked Noah, hoping I wasn't alone.

"If I'm guessing that you feel the same thing, then yea," he told me. 

"It seems scary in here," I explained. "I really want to go."

"But Scarlet," he mumbled, "Don't we need to go find her? If we do, we can stop her before she does the damage."

"I guess you're right," I stuttered, in fear.

"Come on, let's see what's upstairs," Noah said.

He grabbed my hand and we walked slowly up the creaking staircase.

Upstairs there was a kitchen. There was one room with a door, that was not broken, which surprised me. 

Noah and I heard a quiet voice.

"You heard that?" I whispered to him, super confused if it was just my imagination.

"Yes, I think it's her," Noah told me.

My heart began to beat quicker and quicker.

We opened the door to a room, slowly. 

That's when we saw her. She was facing the piano. She turned around and looked at us. I walked closer to Noah, very scared.

"So you came back for me?" She said in a quiet voice. 

She had brown and blonde hair with a light pink dress. 

"So YOU CAME back for me?" She asked once more.

I slowly began to back away, but Noah told me not to go.

"I don't want this boy here. Take him out," she said while staring at me.

"No, he's MY friend," I told her, feeling better about myself because I stood up for him.

"Take. Him. Out. Of. Here," She demanded.

"Scarlet, I'll go, don't worry," Noah cautioned.

"But no!" I begged him, "You can't leave me alone with her, please!"

"Okay then," Noah whispered, "Let's get out of here before she does anything bad."

The girl stood up from the piano and walked towards us. Noah grabbed my hand tightly and we ran down the steps, while she chased us. When we ran out of the shack it was already nighttime.  We continued to run out of the woods.

I couldn't take it anymore. I was too overwhelmed with fear. When we got out of the woods, I broke down.