12Venus

12
Jaime Carter

I adjusted the rifle then peeked back into the sniperscope.

"Target located." I said.

Then, I pulled the trigger.

I was thrown back on my bed.
What was that? Why is my dream like that?

I immediately got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. I stared intently at myself in the mirror after washing my face.

I don't seem to know myself anymore. I do not know if I will still believe my father in all his stories about me before the accident. What happened to me? Who am I back then before the accident?

"Jaime!"

I heard Dante's call but I was not shaken. Still staring at the mirror.

I want to be alone. I don't want to see other people now. I feel, everything is just a lie. I feel guilty.
"Jaime, are you there?" Dante called but now it is at the bathroom door.

"Go away. I need to be alone." I answer.

I heard nothing from him and the last thing I heard was the opening and closing of the room door.

I need to know who I really am. Not often but I sometimes dream a scene that happens over and over again.

There was another dream but it was the only thing that scared me. Everything I dream about is just about me being at a party or maybe with my older brother. Just now I was holding a rifle. What am I doing there? Who was my target?

I gently went down the stairs and headed to the kitchen. I found Ysabelle and Lhea there early in the morning. When they saw me, Ysabelle immediately prepared my breakfast.

"Good morning." Lhea greeted me warmly but the smile on her lips was erased when she saw my expression.

"What happened?"

"Are you okay, Jaime?" Ysabelle asked then she puts her palm over my forehead and neck.

"You don't seem hurt. Is there a problem?" I shook then sipped the cup she had prepared. But I spit it out when I tasted the milk.

"What the f # & #!" Ysabelle was shocked when I blurted out.

"Oh, I forgot to say that Jaime doesn't drink milk." Said Lhea.

"Really?" Ysabelle could not believe what Lhea had said.

"Uhuh. I don't know what's with her and milk."

"You two should stop. I just really hate milk. I don't like the taste, I have a hard time swallowing it." Then skewer the pancakes and tossed it straight to my mouth.

"Are you sure you're okay? Nothing hurts you?" I shook then grabbed the coffee Lhea was holding. Lhea? I immediately turned to Lhea who was now simply eating next to me.

Why is she here in Dante's mansion? Is she also a captive?

"What are you doing here?" Lhea stopped taking pancakes and looked at me curiously.

"You're really harsh. I really feel like you don't miss me anymore and you don't want to see me anymore." I rolled my eyes.

"Not like that. How did you get in here?"

"At the door?" Lhea replied.

"What is wrong with you? Don kept her here so you can have someone with you and not be bored. From now on, we will have breakfast together every day." Ysabelle teased Lhea at the same time.