17Hate

17

Jaime Carter

I stared at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a black gown with a thigh-length slit to add that it was backless. And I'm sure I'll be shanking later with the cold.

I followed Dante but he did not know that, even Ysabelle in the mansion. Little did they know that I was no longer in the mansion and was already in Italy with Flake. Flake is one of Dante's friends. He knew this party because he was the one who gave the invitation to Dante. Dante did not know that Flake was here too.

Fortunately, the theme is masquerade so they will not recognize us. Dante really wants to be with that shrimp because he didn't even mentioned the masquerade theme. Well, I did not come here to track them both. I am here to find out the whole truth behind my being.

I caught the gun when someone turned the door knob but I also let go immediately when I saw Flake who was also in good shape.

"The party is about to start. We need to leave." He says.

I nodded then looked in the mirror again. 'I can do this. Just self-confidence. I will make sure after this day I know who I am. '

Flake is really good at working. He got an invitation for us so I no longer have to worry about how we can get in. Flake did not know my intention why I was here, the only thing he knew was that I wanted to monitor Dante and the shrimp. That was also good so that he had nothing else to say.

When we arrived I saw the size of the mansion changed. It grew even bigger than before. I won't be surprised either because Dad really wants to enlarge the mansion.

"I don't know where Don is. There are too many people." Flake said next to me while roaming his eyes to the wave of people.

But I ignored him. All I could think about was how I could get into the mansion without Flake seeing me.
"Flake, I'm just going in the rest room." He nodded.

"Come back soon." I just smiled at him.
It's a good thing that my mask is big, almost my whole face is covered except for my left cheek and half of my lip. I hurried to the back but before I could get a few meters away I ran into someone.

"What the ?!"

The contents of his glass were thrown on his clothes.

"I'm sorry." I just said.

"Look where you're going!" He sighed as he removed the mask and my eyes had enlarged.

No. Why him? Why him of all people?
I should not be surprised by this. Personally, he is one of my father so he should be here. I composed myself and says, "I'm sorry."

I then passed to him but stopped when his hand wrapped around my arm.

"Not so fast, baby girl. You thought I wouldn't recognize you because of your mask. I know you since you stepped on the gate. Does your Dad knows you're here? He'll definitely be surprised when he sees you."

"Let go of me." I said firmly.

He approached me and I felt his breath in my ear then whispered. "Don't worry. I won't give you to your father because when he cut our engagement I also cut off our relationship. And now, I'm no longer your dad's puppet. You escaped but you don't know that you fed yourself to another monster. You thought you were safe in Ventura's hands, but you were wrong because he had you to hold your father's neck. Ventura thought he had won and he would get revenge but he did not know that he was with the one who killed his parents every day. " I frowned at what I heard.

"What do you mean?" Because of the uneasiness, the words that came out of me were just like whisper.

"You, Jaime. You killed his mother." I gasped when I heard the word come out of his mouth.

It can't be.

"Yes, Jaime. At your father's command you did that thing."

"That's not true." I shook and dripped the tears that I had previously suppressed.

"What will Dante do once he finds out the truth."

"That's not true."

"You want to hear how much he spit on you. Come with me and I'll show you what kind of person Ventura is."

We headed to the car outside. He entered then I followed. There was a man there in front of many monitors. Angelo tapped his shoulder and then he left. We sat in the chair and he give me a headphones. I didn't even know what he wanted to show but I just obeyed. I focused on the monitor for a few minutes but nothing changed. I turned to him in disgust.

"What-" he interrupted what I was about to say when he pointed at the monitor so I just look back to the monitor. I saw Dad and Dante with that shrimp clinging to his arm like a lizard. They sat in the living room.

"Good and you made it." Father said first.

"I will surely come here because we had a deal. Did you do what I wanted to happen?" Dante asked.

"Yes. " Dad said and nodded at the same time.

"Everything you want is already in there." Then he handed a folder to Dante. "I hope you also do what I want. I want it to be tommorow immediately because I can no longer wait. Jaime is important to me. "

Mentioning my name all my blood in my body went up to my head.
What are they talking about? Why am I involved in their conversation?

"Don't worry I'll bring your child back to you."

Everything dried up including my sweat on my body when I heard that from Dante. From the person I trusted completely. From the person I gradually loved. From the person who gave me hope to fight and live. But why is this happening? Why was he able to deceive me with his flowery mouth?
I did not watch the next one. My hand moved spontaneously. I pulled the gun out of my thigh and slammed the car door open. But two arms around my waist forced me to stop.

"Calm down, Jaime! That is not good, you will just harm yourself." Angelo tightened his arms in my waist.

"No. I will kill them all. Release me, Angelo!" But he did not listen.

He forced me back into the car. "Let go of me!" I shouted but I had no fight when he let me in and immediately fastened the seat belt. He took my gun and throw it in the backseat.

"What is your problem?!" I shouted at him.

"You will not do anything. You will just harm yourself if you go there. What would you do, huh? Point that gun in their faces and yell at them? Are you really thinking? I promised your mother that I would protect you but I did not do that when I was still in your father's hand. Do not rush. There is a right time for that."

I closed my eyes in annoyance. Who is he to admonish me. The tears in my eyes rolled down. I want to shout, strangle someone and kill someone.
He closed the door and I just cried in pain. Dante betrayed me. He hurt me and I hate him. I hate him so much.

They are all liars, hypocrite and evil.

I hate them. All of them.