02Panic

02

During my days here in San Francisco, it was reposeful. There was no brawl here; it's actually a quiet place, peaceful days where danger is out of place. But the luck that I had felt crumbled when I saw a pair of emerald eyes—the man from the restaurant a while ago, the typical tall, dark, but beyond handsome.

The simper on his lips was tempting, pulling me to taste it. However, I restrained myself. I don't want to think that I like this dreadful man.

But you like him.

No. This man is just like them. They will ruin my life until death. I can feel it. The strong aura he's wearing is not like the aura I felt earlier. This one is different.

My knees quivered when he walked towards me, stopping three feet apart. Now, I could see his face clearly, and his presence was enervating. I felt my knees turn to jelly.

"Is there a problem, Sir?" I stuttered.

He stepped towards me again, just a few inches away, now towering over me. I averted my gaze, feeling my heart pounding, like it wanted to escape my chest.

He reached for my chin, forcing me to face him. I met his emerald eyes filled with emotions. My heartbeat worsened with his sudden action. I could only look at his perfect features wordlessly.

"What is your name, princess?" he asked in a husky way.

I opened my mouth to answer, but no words came out.

"Looks like my princess saw her destiny."

My brows puckered in a frown. How dare he call himself my destiny? I don't even know him for god's sake.

"Excuse me?"

I pushed his hand away, stepping back, glaring at him before turning away. But before I could do that, a rough hand coiled around my arm. He pulled me against his body, wrapping his hands around my waist firmly.

"Let me go."

"Easy, princess. I'm just asking your name."

"Let me go."

"If you don't stop, princess, you won't like the consequences."

"What do you want?" I yelled.

"Easy there, princess. Be careful what you're asking for. You won't like it, but you will eventually," he said, smirking.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Just give me your name, darling."

"J-Jaime Johnson."

He smiled, and the next thing I knew, his lips touched mine. His soft lips made me forget where I was. We were in public, for heaven's sake. I pushed him with full force.

I saw him smirking. Why did he kiss me?

"Why did you kiss me?"

"Because I want to, and whatever I want, I get it by hook or by crook. Now that I want you, be ready, princess."

"Stop calling me that."

"I'll see you again, princess," he uttered, giving me a quick peck on the lips before entering his car. I should avoid him at all costs. I don't want another mess; he will be the hindrance to my plans. I'll do everything to avoid his presence, make sure of that.

******

"What? He is a bastardo."

"Then why did I sense something else when you told me about this certain man?" Lhea giggled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Just admit it, Jaime. You like him. Period."

I heard her laugh through the other line. I just told her what happened in my little encounter with the man, and here she is now, laughing at me.

"Listen here, Lhea. I don't like him, and I will never like him, ever!" I shouted and ended the call.

I threw my phone on my bed. I was about to open the door when my phone buzzed.

I picked it up and saw a new message from an unknown number. Who could this be? I opened it.

Hi princess. How are you? Are you sleeping now? I'll see you tomorrow. Good night, my princess.

Princess? There is just one person who calls me that, that arrogant jerk. Where did he get my number? This man is really mysterious, and I'm starting to feel panicked.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Another chapter for you......

I know it's short.

If you like this story just let me know and if you don't you're free to leave.

Please

Vote if you want more

Or

Comment to get the next chapter.

-TX