24Benjamin

-not edited-

24
Third Person

"I love you." Jaime said softly.

Dante stiffened at what he heard. He didn't expect that and he wasn't at the level that he thought of Jaime like that. The girl was important to him but he could not say that he loved her. He also couldn't understand himself how really he felt for her.

Jaime looked carefully into Dante's eyes and he was depressed. She smiled awkwardly then stood up. She put her underwear on the floor and wear it without looking at Dante then adjusted her dress.

"I'm sorry. I'm leaving." She smiled at him again then quickly left his office.

When she closed the door she leaned against it and tears flowed. Many thoughts entered her mind. That he didn’t like her and maybe she was just one of his women.

She now understand what people were saying was true. He doesn’t linger and stay longer with woman. When he have tasted them, he will just thrown them away like a garbage.

She was reluctant to leave that place. Can't stay any longer.

She was dumbfounded while in the car and looking outside. She didn’t go straight to the car he rode to Dante’s headquarters. She just hailed a cab after she hid from Dante's driver.

She did not know where to go. She just wants to think and breathe. And make a decision for herself.

The car stopped opposite the sea. She immediately came out and smiled at the sight. She has also not been able to do this for a long time. Being alone in an unoccupied place.

She descended until she came to fine, white sand. Her hair is flying and the sun is high. She opened her arms wide. Look up at the sky then close her eyes. Feel the wind and the smell of the sea. She smiled at the peace she felt.

"Feels good." She whispered.

"Yeah." She jumped when suddenly someone spoke next to him. She turned it over.

She saw a man and smiled as his eyes were on the ocean. He turned to her and she saw how his blue eyes reflected the ocean. He smiled at her again.

"Your face is new, are you from San Francisco?" He questioned.

She nodded then turned her eyes to the ocean. "What are you doing here in LA?"

She hesitated to look at the man before answering. "Nothing. I just want to take a walk."

"Ben."

She wondered what he said. "What?"

"My name is Ben. Short for Benjamin. And you are?"

"Jaime." She answered weakly.

"So, Jaime. Why are you alone here? I saw you when you got out from the cab. I was just sitting there." At the same time, he pointed to a bench in the shade of a tree.

"Well, I just want to be alone. I didn't know anyone was here." He laughed.

"Jaime. This place is well known. Well, it is good that you came here this time, because at these times not too many people come. At night there are a lot of people because the view here is beautiful. Can we go to the bench, it's too hot here and may be you get burned." She smiled.

They went to the shade of the tree where the bench was. They both sat down.

"How old are you Ben? In your face I can see that you are only 19 or 20."

"I'm 21 years old." She nodded. She didn’t know what he needed of her. Why he approached her. She didn't want to trust him but she seemed to feel better about the man.

"You like?" She turned to the man who now had a softdrink in his hand handing to her. She just took it.

"Thank you."

"You're not american. Where you from?" He asked but his voice was serious.

"Italy."

"I see. You know, you look familiar. Where did I see you?" He even acted thinking. She stared at him. From his long eyelashes, sharp nose, perfect lip shape, to the perfect angle of his face. Add more his blue eyes. She seemed that this guy is not that what you think a normal guy. He has an aura. A dangerous one to be exact.

"In the news! That's right. That's where I saw you with Dante Ventura. The billionaire drives all women crazy. It's you." He said with a smile so she just smiled back.

"Tell me. How many days or hours your relationship with him? As far as I know about him, he's a womanizer and doesn't stay long with a woman."

She lost the smile on her lips and looked straight at the ocean.

"When women see you here and they knows you about being Dante's girlfriend they might beat you up here to pulp. Did you know I heard before that someone died because they saw her with him. I'm just saying this just in case and you be ready. I'm not scaring you or anything. just be careful. I just don't know what they liked about that billionaire. He's known as a cruel, ruthless, and heartless man in the business world. So others are afraid of him. Women find it hot and cool but for us, he's not. He's just a monster and evil, ruling this world that is not his. "

She thought of what Katara and Ysabelle had said. If other people consider Dante a monster but what they don't know, he is also a person who wants to help those in need and is willing to do everything for his loved ones. And she knew that because even she had witnessed it.

Her tears flowed again. She loves Dante and it's just sad because he don't feel the same way.

"Shit. Why are you crying? Did I say something bad?" Ben asked confusedly.

She shook her head and then smiled bitterly. "I'm fine. I just remembered something. Just ignore me."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded again then wiped away the tears. When she remembers Dante she thinks of killing his mother.

"Here." He handed her a handkerchief which he immediately took.

She was about to return it when he shook his head. "You can keep it. This is my calling card. Just call me when you want more handkerchiefs." He said while smiling.

"Thanks." He handed over the card.

"Anything for you, beautiful. I'll be head first, I still have a job."

She nodded then watched him go away. When he disappeared from her sight she turned her gaze to his calling card. She feels something to this guy. A wierd feeling.

"Benjamin."