18He's after me

18

Jaime Carter

I woke up to the light hitting my face. It comes from the balcony where the glass window is open and the wind blows freely on the white curtain that serves as a cover from the outside.
I heard the strong current of water coming from the creek and the chirping of birds.

"Where am I?" I immediately sat up in bed.

But the worry I feel disappeared when I saw the whole room. A simple room almost white in color from the walls and bed as well as the floor. I can see the sunshine from the bed and the leaves from the trees that can be seen outside the window.

I got off the bed and slowly approached the balcony. I pulled back the curtain and the stunning view opened up to me.
This house is situated near the lake. It's nice to watch from this room. I looked back when the door opened and Angelo entered. He smiled at me before approaching.

"You're awake. Let's go downstairs to have breakfast." I just followed him.
I don't want to ruin my good awake. This place relieves stress.

"Do you own this house?" I ask.

"Yes. What do you think of me? And this is not the only one. I have many houses. Every corner of the world." I just laughed then resumed eating.

"Concieted are we?"

"Nope. Just stating the fact." We both laughed. "Are you going back to America?"

I push the last morsel of food and looked at him seriously. I lowered the spoon and drank.

"I do not know."

I can’t afford to go back to the place where there are so many scammers. I have nothing left there. I will go far away.

"Have you met your brother yet?"

It was as if I had jumped into my seat when he mentioned my brother. Fuck! I forgot my older brother was in their hands.

"I have to call my older brother. He is in their hands."

"I'm sorry because I threw your phone down the road. They might even trace you so that's what I did first."

"Are you out of your mind? What if they hurt my brother? What if they torture my brother? Whaf if-"

"Relax, Jaime. I already called him. He left the mansion safely" I breathed. But I frowned at him.

"Why did you call my older brother? What do I not know?"

"I helped your brother get out of your father's power. As I told you, I promised your mother that I would protect you two, especially you."

"You know until now I still can't trust you completely. I was carried away by what happened last night."

"Well, if that's what you want, then it's up to you. You're always welcome here if you want to come here. I have a lot of food stock so you won't go hungry. Only once a week someone comes here to deliver food or whatever you want as long as you just tell him. Don't go out too much. Maybe someone else will know you. Not only do I live in this place, there are others living on the other side then there is a small shop near here. You stay here because I still have jobs to take care of. Don't worry tomorrow your brother will be here. "