07Her sobs

07
Third Person

Jaime can't sleep at night. She even didn't forget what Dante just said a while ago. She keeps thinking and thinking. She wouldn't escape from her room. It was too high from her room down to the ground floor. It's impossible to her to jump with that height. And this place was heavily guarded.

"I miss Lhea. I thought, we can see each other before I die. Maybe, this is my fate. I wish I can talk to her for the last time. I miss my friend."
Tears rolled down from her eyes. Closed it and prayed but the silence broke when her cellphone rung. She picked and answered it without looking the caller ID.

"Hello."

"Sweetheart." She immediately looked at her cellphone to make sure who's the caller. And when she saw the name of the person, her fear doubled. She tossed it and get away from her bed.

"I know you're there, sweetheart. I told you about running away from me, you'll get in trouble."

Shaking her hand she reached for her cellphone then turned off the call.

She immediately left her room and ran down the long hallway. She was also followed by two guards who are shouting loudly and stopping her. But she did not stop, she continued to run until she reached the kitchen.

But no one was there so she ran again and climbed the high stairs. She is looking for Dante. She needs to talk to him. She stopped at the door as big as hers. She immediately opened it and found what she was looking for.

He was sitting on his leather chair on the side of the massive bed. He was holding a glass of wine and staring straight at his laptop.

It did not even shake or even look at her when she suddenly opened the door.

She entered and carefully closed the door.

"Dante." It was as if only air came out of her mouth when she called him out.

He swallowed the wine and then turned to her. "Aren't you comfortable in your room so you're here?"

"No. I am here to tell you that I do not want to go back to my father. Do not give me to him. He will only kill me when they get me. I really fled from Italy and I hid here, I have no plans for you and I am not on my father side in whatever plan you think of. Believe me, Dante. "

He straightened up and sat staring at her intently. "Do you know that I am not easy to believe? Especially you. I do not trust you as the daughter of my mortal enemy."

"I'm telling the truth, Dante. Don't give me to them, I beg you." She pleaded.
Dante just looked at her as if she was just joking. Waiting her to say the word 'kidding'.

A tear fell down her check. Dante did not believe her and the fact that she's a daughter of his number one enemy, he didn't trust her nor believe her.

The fact that made her heart broken.
She shouldn't come here. She just thought that this is finally her freedom but she's all wrong.

Wherever she was, her father would find her.

"Just kill me. It's better to die than to meet the monster. Kill me. Right here, right now."

"It seems like you're desperate to die."

"Actually, I'm not. I just don't want to see my father. I don't want to go back. I'd rather to be dead."

Dante fell into silence. He is just staring at her directly to her wonderful pair of eyes. And she started to feel something within her. Something with calmness, blissful, and genuineness.

Her heart was beating so fast and she couldn't understand why her heart was beating crazily.

Dante stepped forward and she automatically stepped back. He didn't stop and she didn't stop either until her back felt the cold wall. Dante placed his hand above her head while the other one was in his pocket.

"Do you really want to die? How about Lhea, your bestfriend. She's already here in California and she is probably looking for you now. Do you want to die without seeing her?"

"Leave her alone. She's my only one family. She wasn't part in Mafia thing if that's what you think. She's innocent. Too innocent."

"My decision is final and I want you to get ready because they are already here. Call your friend and say goodbye to her."

Then he left. Leaving her in his cold room. She burst into tears, broke down and sobbed like a child.

While Dante listening her sobs behind the big door.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

-not edited-