Chapter Three

I grunt pulling the garbage bags full of my clothes up the stairs. The elevator in Liv's building complex hasn't been working for ten years.

Stupid maintenance man.

I finally get to the door of my new apartment and get my key out, unlocking the door. Bear was there watching tv and didn't even send a glance my way.

Could've been a serial killer but whatever.

I drag the bags to my new room and as I open the door my eyes widen.

There was a bed.

With sheets and everything.

And a wardrobe.

"A shoe rack," I squeal excitingly. I run out of my room and smile at Bear. "Was this you?"

"Yes," he grumbles.

"Why would you do this for me?" I ask softly.

"Cause you looked like you had a bad week," he says.

"Month actually," I joke.

I nearly gasp when I see his lips twinge up to a smile. It was only for a second though.

"Thank you," I say. "I owe you one."

He just nods.

I walk back into my room and unpack all my stuffs. I then grab the rest of my shit from Liv's and put that in my room too.

For all those hours Bear sat on the couch watching tv.

What does he do for a living?

I walk out to the kitchen/lounge room and sit on the other side of the couch. "What are you watching?" I ask him.

"The walking dead," he answers.

"And I'm out," I mutter. As I stand up, my eyes glance to the tv and I see someone shot in the head. My eyes widen in horror.

I quickly walk into my room and shut the door. That was scarring. My phone starts ringing again and I expect it to be either Jason or my mum. But it was my dad.

See I was a one night stand.

Gone very wrong.

And my mum being the bitch she is, only let my dad see me on special holidays.

He tried to fight for custody, but she won cause she had more of a stable job, and could look after me as well.

I answer the phone and sit down on my bed. "Hey dad."

"Hey sweetie," he says. "How was your day?"

"Good," I answer. "I moved into my new apartment."

"What happened with you and Jason moving in together?" Dad asks.

Oops.

I guess I forgot to tell him the major thing that happened in my life.

"Jason cheated on me dad," I say.

"Are you kidding me!?" Dad yells into the phone. "I'm gonna fly down there and kick his fucking-"

"With mum," I cut him off.

He's quiet for ten seconds. "Your mum slept with your boyfriend?"

"Yes," I whisper.

"I'll kick her ass too," dad growls. "Fuck sake Daniella you don't need this shit in college."

"I know," I murmur. "Liv and Stacey have been there for me."

"Is that who you are living with?" Dad asks.

"Uh no," I answer. "It's with this guy named Bear."

"Bear?" Dad laughs. "His name is Bear?"

"I think it's a nickname," I say. "Not too sure."

"Do you even know him?" Dad asks. "Will you be safe?"

"I don't know him yet," I answer. "But when I told him I didn't have any furniture he went out and got me some. He seems kind of sweet."

"Well that is nice of him," dad mutters. "Just be careful."

"Yes, Captain," I say.

My dads a Captain at the NYPD. Captain Nicholas Moore.

"If it gets bad call me," he says. "I'll always be here for you."

"If I need a restraining order, can I do it through you?" I ask.

"Not me, because of our relation, but I can get one of my employees to put it through the system," dad answers. "Do you need one of those?"

"If it becomes bad with Jason, I will," I state. "But for now it's okay. Just calls me nonstop."

"Block him," dad says.

"I will now," I say. As I was on call with him, I proceed to block Jason's name.

My door opens and Bear peeks his head in.

"Dinner," he says. He walks away, leaving my door open.

"I better go dad," I say.

"No I heard," he says. "Does he mean, he made dinner or you have to make dinner?"

"We'll see," I laugh.

When I finally get off the phone and walk out to the kitchen, I see he actually made dinner.

Chicken risotto.

And it was fucking amazing.