Chapter Twelve

I groan, clutching my head in my hands, as the invitation to my aunts wedding sat on the counter before me.

I wasn't sure I wanted to go.

Jason would be there.

My mum would be there.

The rest of the family will be there, giving me sympathy looks.

I hear Bear's bedroom door open and look over. I smirk at the view.

Bear in just boxers.

"Hey," he grumbles .

I also get talked to in the mornings.

"Morning," I murmur. He sits beside me and snatches up the invitation.

"What's this?" He asks.

"Invitation to my aunts wedding," I answer.

"Are you going?" He asks.

"I'm trying to figure that out myself," I mutter. "Jason and mum will be there."

"She's not your mother," Bear grumbles.

"Well techni-"

"No actual mother would do that to her child," Bear snaps. "She may have given birth to you, but that's it."

"You really do care about me," I tease.

"Shut up," he grumbles. He stands up and walks around the counter, to make himself a bowl of cereal.

"By the way, is there any way you can get out of the apartment Friday night?" I ask, slyly.

"Why?" He grunts, sitting back beside me.

"Jay and Mac are coming over for a girls night," I murmur.

He glares at me. "No."

"It's happening whether you like it or not," I say, sternly.

It's my apartment," Bear states. "You just rent a room."

"Fair," I say. I shuffle closer to him. I run my finger down his arm. "But since you care about me and my well-being, I think I should be allowed to have my friends over."

"Flirting with me, isn't gonna make me say yes," He grunts.

"What will?" I question.

"Nothing."

"Are you jealous that I'm giving your other family members my attention?" I ask.

"I don't give two asses, where you give your attention," he snaps.

Sensitive area ALERT!

I lean in, my breath fanning against his lips. "Do you want to be hanging out with me Friday night?"

I moan in surprise, as he smashes his lips on mine. The kiss was passionate and hot, as he poured his frustration into the kiss.

He pulls away and I whine, seeing his smirk. "That's what I want to do Friday night," he says.

"Okay," I whisper. He stops smirking and just starts eating his cereal again, like nothing happened.

I clear my throat and grab my phone, texting Mac.

Can't do Friday x

Mac: Why?

Me: Bear said no

Mac: I'll deal with him

She doesn't say anything else, so I put my phone aside. My eyes widen in horror when his phone goes off in his bedroom.

He gets up and goes to get it, but I jump on his back and because he was surprised he stumbles. "What the hell, Danny!"

"You can't answer it," I say, getting off him.

"Why the fuck not?"

"It's Mac," I answer. "Calling to ask why we can't have a girls night."

Bear grunts. "I'll talk to her." He gently pushes me to the side and walks into his room. I hear him call her back. I walk into his room and sit on his bed.

"Hey," he grunts on the phone to Mac. "Yes, she told me." He rolls his eyes. "Cause it's my apartment." He huffs. "I don't care that your my parole officer and can put me back in prison," he snaps. "Do it."

I quickly stand up and take the phone off him. "Don't send him back to jail Mac," I say.

"Oh hey girl," she says. "I was just trying to blackmail him, but it didn't work."

"Oh good," I sigh in relief.

"Why? Are you guys getting close now?" She teases.

"Sought of," I mumble.

"Man, Jay did call it," Mac says. "I thought you could do better."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Bear has issues," Mac says. "He gets really angry and he can't control himself."

"I could handle him," I say, confidently.

"We will see," Mac says. "Tell Bear that if he doesn't let us have the girls night, I will tell you about what happened his first year in prison."

"Okay," I giggle

I hang up and Bear glares at me. "What'd she say?"

I smirk. "That you don't deserve me."

"She's a bitch," Bear growls.

"She's the mother of your niece," I state. "Be nice."

"You are not having that stupid girls night here," he snaps. "I won't have my fucking living room smelling like nail polish and perfume."

"We don't do that at girls nights," I deadpan. "We get drunk."

"It was an example," Bear hisses. "Now get out of my room."

"No," I say and sit back down on his bed. "It's nice in here."

"It's why it's my bedroom," he snaps.

"Don't be so moody," I say. "I don't know why you don't let me in here."

"Cause it's my space and you'll make yourself comfortable and start putting all your girly shit in here," he growls.

"Why would I put my stuff in here, when I have my own bedroom?" I ask.

He huffs. "Never mind."

"Are you meaning in the future, when we possibly might be more than friends?" I question, leaning back and putting my hands behind my head.

"Stop being all-" he groans and storms out of his room.

I smile and turn over on to my stomach, and I get a whiff of his sheets.

They smell like him.

So good.