Chapter Ten

I sit down into the seat, Jay told me to, as he puts a smock on me. Jay starts running his fingers through my hair, which is always the best feeling ever.

"I might dye your roots," he says. "Getting a little light. And then we'll do a nice wash and cut most of this off."

"Most?" I question.

"Darling you look so much better with shorter hair," Jay states. "Trust me."

I nod and watch in the mirror as he starts mixing stuff in a bowl. "So are you and Bear twins?"

"We are ," he hums. "Totally opposites though, right?"

"Yeah," I laugh.

"He's always been like that," Jay says. "He only got worse when he went to jail. Can't even touch him now, without him freaking out. He has to touch you."

"Why does he freak out?" I ask. I relax as Jay starts putting the dye in my hair.

"If you've watched prison documentaries, you'd know how many guys, try to fuck you in there," Jay laughs.

"That's so bad," I whisper.

"Too bad I didn't go in there," Jay murmurs. "I love getting fucked up the ass," he jokes. He then winces. "Shit sorry I have a very dark sense of humour."

"No it's okay," I giggle and he smiles brightly at me, through the mirror. "Anything else i should know about Bear?" I question.

"Do you know his actual name?" Jay asks.

"I do," I reply. "I just think Bear suits him with all the grumbling."

Jay giggles. "How do you reckon our parents came up with the middle name? He came out doing it."

We both laugh together and in the mirror I see Mac getting her nails done. "The other day, were you about to say that your were Bear's parole officer, Mac?" I ask her.

She nods. "Yeah. I requested him, cause I know he hates meeting new people."

"If he hates meeting new people, why did he put an ad out for a roommate?" I question.

Mac bites her bottom lip. "Well I put it out."

"What!?"

"I told him you were coming to look at the apartment," she states. "I thought you were a dude though."

"Cause of my nickname, I know," I deadpan.

"I guess he liked you, cause he took you in and got you furniture," Mac shrugs.

Jay scoffs. "And got that guy beaten up, who ditched you on your date."

My eyes widen. "Bear did what?!"

"You didn't know?" Jay squeaks.

"No," I say.

"Better yet, he could be back in jail, if anybody found out he was hitting people," Mac says. "Let alone getting someone to do it for him."

"He's so stupid," I hiss.

1 hour later..

"All done!" Jay yells.

"It's amazing," I awe, fluffing it up

"Thank you," Jay says, flipping his imaginary long hair.

"Want to get a tattoo?" Mac asks.

"Maybe next time," I chuckle.

I stand up and walk to the counter with Jay. "That'll be fifty bucks," he says.

"That's cheap," I state. "I can pay more."

"Nope," he chirps. "Your a friend, and friends pay fifty."

I smile. "Okay."

I hand him the money and he puts it through the system. "We should have a girls night soon," Jay says. "Meaning you invite me and Mac over to get white girl wasted."

I giggle. "Definitely."

"Have you seen Mitchell drunk?" Jay asks.

"No," I answer.

"It's the best," Jay whispers.

"I'll keep that in mind," I laugh.

"See you later, Danny," he says, jumping over the counter and hugging me.

"See you, Jay."

*
I get home and drop Bear's mail on the counter, seeing dinner on the table waiting for me.

It even had a note.

I pick it up and giggle.

Daniella,

Dinner lamb casserole

Enjoy

"So dorky," I mumble.

I sit down and enjoy my dinner, then washing up, before lounging on the couch.

I watched the movie Baywatch.

Zac Efron is hot.

Not as hot as Bear though.

The door slams open and I don't even flinch. I'm getting used to Bear just slamming things.

I'd wish he'd slam me.

Not right now Danny.

I gasp, as I look up at Bear and see his face all smashed up. "Bear-"

"Don't," he growls.

I stand up and watch as he storms into his room, slamming the door.

That's it!

He can't just walk away, when things get emotional.

I walk to his door and start banging on it. "Let me in Bear," I yell.

"Fuck off."

"I'm gonna keep doing this."

"Don't care."

I sigh and continue knocking, leaning against the door.

I squeak as the door opens and I fall flat on my ass. I look up and glare at Bear, who was glaring back.

"Get up," he orders.

"I'm fine down here," I huff, crossing my arms.

He walks over me and grabs my legs, starts to pull me. I grab his doorframe and hold myself from him.

I then saw the inside of his bedroom.

It was dark. Very Bear. He had a stand, which was full of medicine tubes and a bed, with dark blue satin sheets. He had some weights and other stuff on the floor, but nothing that I thought was so bad, that I couldn't go in there.

I oomph as he drops my legs. I look up at him and could see his mind clicking.

He either wants to murder me, or hurt me really bad.

None of those sounded good.