Allied Attack

As they reached the hideout Akiko suddenly stopped. A kunai was launched at them from somewhere in the trees. She was knocked back by her boyfriend who just deflected the kunai with the metal plate on the back of his hand. His dark eyes scanned the trees for the enemy as he stood in front of her protectively. "Head inside and inform him that enemies have found us." He ordered without taking his eyes off the foliage.

The girl saw movement out of the corner of her eyes. She turned slightly and caught a familiar scent. She saw Kabuto getting ready to attack. "Don't!" She shouted, causing him to stop his movements.

"What are you talking about!?" His tone held confusion laced with anger.

"It's not an enemy!"

"They just tried to hurt you. And you're saying they're not an enemy!?!"

"They're not! They're just jerks!" As a smile grew on her face, someone jumped down from the trees. Sakon stood there with a smirk on his pale face.

"And what do you two think you're doing!?" Kabuto scolded. He lowered his weapon, contemplating whether or not he still wanted to attack them.

"Lord Orochimaru sent us to check on you. He said you were taking too long." He shrugged and walked over to the red-haired girl. "Said if you couldn't get her back to normal you'd either have to knock her out or we'd have to step in. Personally, I didn't want to hurt you." He looked down at her. She just narrowed her eyes slightly trying to figure out if he was being serious or not.

"Then why'd you attack us?!" The older teen pulled her away from them as he saw Ukon's arm come out.

"Thought it'd be fun." The older twin said as he retracted his arm. "Lord Orochimaru wants you both inside." His brother glared at Kabuto after he said his orders. He was practically daring the medic to oppose them.

"Thanks." He growled as he walked past the twins, Akiko's hand in his. Granted he was technically dragging her along with him but she was fortunate enough to keep up with him.

"Are you mad at them?" Her question made him stop to think for a moment. Maybe.. Just maybe he was angry. Not at her, of course, he wasn't mad at her. He was willing to put his life on the line so she could get away and continue to live. But he knew he wasn't feeling anger. Well, maybe it was anger mixed with something else.

"No, I'm not mad at them. Or you. So don't start thinking about playing your little game again." She looked away with a large smile.

-:-

Akiko sat on the floor next to the pale sage while Kabuto stood by a table with medical supplies. Different types of herbs and medicines made from them littered it. "I wonder which one it will be. If she accepts our terms, then your arms will be healed and you can resume Operation Destroy the Leaf immediately, Lord Orochimaru. Plus, she'll be reunited with the two people she loves the most. However, if she should decline-" He was cut off by his master.

"Even if by force, I'll make her fix my arms." He growled.

"Why not let me try to heal them before the end of the week? Then you can let her reunite with her loved ones and you'll have one less enemy to worry about."

Both men glanced at her. "I didn't take you for someone who would suggest killing someone like Tsunade." Kabuto chuckled, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Indeed." His master agreed. "I've told you before; I don't want you to heal me."

"Anyway, do you think it'll go so easily?"

"I'm not worried." He placed one of his bandaged hands on Akiko's head. "I know her better than she knows herself! Make no mistake, she will swallow our terms."

"And if there's a small chance she tries to kill you instead of healing you?" She looked up at him, tilting her head slightly to show her curiosity. "What will you do?"

"She can try and will fail." Arrogance laced Kabuto's tone as his smirk grew.

"You're overestimating your opponent again."

"I know, I know; it could get me killed." He sighed and shook his head, repeating the same phrase she's used before. He knew Tsunade wasn't a woman who should be underestimated. She was the 1st Hokage's granddaughter and one of the Legendary Sannin. She was a skilled medical kunoichi, her strength was monstrous, and she had over 30 years of experience in fighting.

"You two will be hiding and if she tries anything; you'll stop her."

"What about her assistant?" Akiko asked quietly. Venom laced her words as she pictured the dark-haired woman in her mind. She was still mad that she attacked Kabuto.

"If she's there, I'll let you deal with her." Her eyes widened at his words, followed by her smile.

"Can I kill her if I get the chance?"

"Only as a last resort. I doubt you'll even have to fight her since you'll be staying by Kabuto."

"Same orders as the exams?" He asked.

"Yes." Dark purple eyes switched between her master and her boyfriend as she groaned internally. Orochimaru moved his arm back to its previous place and leaned his head back. His gold eyes closed momentarily before reopening. "You two are free to leave." He glanced down at the female and watched as she hopped up, running over to his assistant. She clung to his arm and beamed up at him. The Sannin could see how hard the poor boy was trying to keep his emotionless exterior. He found it amusing to see the emotions in his eyes try and come out while he was still in the room.

Kabuto tried to glare down at her, but he couldn't seem to hold it. He bowed his head toward his master and walked out of the room. "Do you think you could kill that woman with Tsunade?" He asked once the door closed.

"While I'm in control... no. Maybe? I don't know. If she attacks you and I lose control, there's a possibility." She sighed which turned into a whine. She let go of his arm and covered her face. "The most I'll do is hurt her." Her words were muffled behind her hands. He chuckled slightly and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side.

"I won't let her hurt me, I promise." He chuckled at the end which made her glare at him.

"You better." She muttered lowly as her nose flared in irritation. She heard a small laugh from him before he kissed the side of her head.