Chapter 4

I woke up, feeling the warmest I've ever felt before. Images of the previous night kept playing on my mind, making me turn around still with eyes closed, and curl up on my other pillow.

          My eyes went wide open when I realised that I didn't have an extra pillow, and certainly not one that moved. I gasped at the sight of Levi sleeping peacefully, his arms around my waist, hugging comfortably.

         I felt my cheeks warm quickly as I stared at him in shock. We'd slept together all night, hugging. I wanted to scream of embarrassment, but I also didn't want to wake him up just yet.

         He looked like he was having a deep and good sleep and I didn't want to take that away from him. I kept staring at all his features, trying to memorise them.

          Thinking about it, I was close to being seventeen but I wondered about his age. He said he was older but how much? One year? Two years? If he was older he'd certainly be in a different stage of life, and maybe, I acted too childish around him. That thought made me want to curse myself for being so awkward. We had a lot of fun together... At least, I had and I hoped he had too.

          I couldn't take it anymore. At first, it was comforting. But thinking that he could wake up at any moment, and find me staring at him like a creep, frightened me to the core. I got up being careful to not wake him up and covering him with the sheets. My eyes catch his lips and stay there.

         He's just mesmerizing...

         I realised that he had put me to bed since I fell asleep on the floor. That meant he decided to spend the night with me by his own choice and not from falling asleep too. He could have just left. But instead, he carried me to the bed and got in it together.

         Maybe we'll kiss... Maybe we did...

          I stopped myself from thinking random thoughts that made me more nervous and I knew my cheeks were visibly red as I searched around for butter to put on the toasts I was making us for breakfast.

        Usually, I wouldn't have anything that earlier to economise. I would just skip and have lunch or dinner later, but I didn't know if he'd wake up hungry, so I decided to make something anyway.

         I searched around for milk that I could boil, so it would be warm when he woke up. Unfortunately, the gas was almost over, so instead of boiled it just got slightly warm. I had to replace it by the few choal I gathered along the month but it also was almost disappearing inside the small iron furnace. 

          Sitting on one of the chairs, I contemplated whether I should wake Levi up or wait for him to wake up by himself. I rubbed my face and decided I would just wash my teeth first. I followed to the bathroom and looked around for my plant based toothpaste and toothbrush. Every morning I wondered what that toothpaste was really made of as it's flavour made me want to puke every time I brushed my teeth.

         Do I look good? Will he like to see me when he wakes up?

          A few minutes later, I walked into the kitchen that was an all-in-one since it was the same room I slept in. I watched Levi still lying against the pillow and sighed. I searched for the honey that I got from a lady selling her stuff in the street to afford her house renting, and stirred a spoon inside it to later mix with the milk from my cup. I sighed again, not knowing what to do when I heard a shift.

          "You look nervous." Levi said, making me jump in surprise.

          I watched him smirk as he cupped his hand against his cheek as he lied and used his arm to support his weight, so he could look at me properly. I turned around not facing him as I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable for finding me staring at him. I noticed his shoes lined with mine at the bottom of the bed and held a smile.