Chapter 3 - Aiden Caballero

Unedited

Elmo and Julie was still looking at each other intently.

Pareho silang hindi makapaniwala na nasa harapan nila ang isa’t isa after 4 long years.

They both heard clearing of throats trying to get their attention.

"You two know each other?"  They heard Frank ask.

Elmo looked at him then back to Julie.

"uh yeah." Elmo answered 

"How do you know Mr. Magalona sweetie?" Nathaniel asked looking at Julie.

Julie saw how Elmo’s face scrunched up when her Dad called her sweetie, she didn’t miss his eyes traveling to her left hands in search of something then looking back at her with a confused expression.

She immediately knew what he was thinking. 

Nothing has changed. Julie thought.

"He’s an old friend of mine from College Dad." Julie said putting emphasis to the word Dad 

Julie saw his eyebrows raise and a small smile tug on his face when he got the message she was trying to send.

"Julie? The Julie? Is she the Julie you were t—" She heard Frank tried to say but Elmo stopped him by putting a hand on his mouth as he whispered something in his ears.

Julie smiled when she caught a glimpse of Elmo’s cheeks turn red. Now she wanted to know what Frank was going to say that made Elmo blush.

Elmo cleared his throat. Running a hand through his hair, making it a little messy which made him looked sexy, that made Julie’s heart beat fast.

"I’m sorry. So, um Julie, what are you doing here? Do you work here" Elmo asked trying to figure out what she was doing there.

He figured she is the daughter of Nathaniel San Jose when she called him Dad clearing up the thought of her being his wife/girlfriend/bedwarmer. 

Julie always knew what he was thinking and the hidden message he was trying to send her hiding behind the questions or statements he says. So, Julie knew exactly that he was asking for confirmation. 

Elmo never knew she was rich when they were in College, so maybe that’s why he was asking.

Julie cleared her throat.

"I’m Julie Anne San Jose the new CFO and of SJC, daughter of Nathaniel San Jose Owner/CEO of SJ Corp." Julie answered.