Chapter 11 - Shall We Dance?

Unedited.

(Photo of Julie's dress above)

It's the day of the merger ball and Elmo is still in his office at SJC burying himself in work for days, distracting himself from his thoughts of Julie and their "friendly date" 3 nights ago. Pagkatapos makit ni Julie kung sino yung tumawag sakanya bigla na itong nag ayang umuwi. She looked distraught and guilty. Since Julie took a cab para makarating sa Restaurant, Elmo drove her home. The drive to her condo was silent, other than the instructions Julie gave her to get to her condo, pinalibutan sila ng katahimikan. Until now he was still wondering what happened, or who happened that made Julie looking so guilty.

Everything was going smoothly, even better after their dinner. He was about to make his move and tell her how he feels, if it weren't for that call.

Aiden ... That was the name she mentioned. he didn't catch the next thing she said because of the blaring horn from a car that passed by where they were.

Kahit anong gawin niya, hindi niya mapigilan ang sarili sa pag iisip kung sino yung taong yun. So, instead in dwelling on it more, he decided to keep himself busy . He still has not been able to talk to Julie after that night dahil naging busy din ito sa preparations for the merger ball na ang host ay ang SJC. In this party, both companies will announce to the public the merger of SJC and FMCC that they have kept under wraps habang inaayos pa ang mga dapat ayusin sa SJC after the scandal that they went through.

Everyone in the building are all busy and buzzing with excitement. Ever since kasi sa nangyari last year, hindi na nagkaroon ng magagarang party ang SJC, except for the Christmas party na mismo ang employees by Department na ang nag-organize.

Maagang papauwiin ang employees today para magkaron pa sila ng time para makapag prepare sila for the party. All employees both from SJC and FMCC are invited, kaya looking forward din si Elmo dahil makikita niya ang friends niya, dahil medyo matagal narin since huli silang nag unwind.

Checking his watch, he decided to go home and prepare for the party. He didn't want to be late for this party or he'll never hear the end of it from his brother.

-x- -x- -x-

They were at the SJC-FMCC merger party. All of the employees are present, even some people from the press and each company's clients.

Elmo was talking with Frank, Nathan and some of SJCs board members holding a glass of brandy, he wasn't the drinking type but the alcohol helps to calm his nerves.

He was nervous but for a complete different reason.

He's been thinking a lot about Julie ever since they last saw each other. He so badly wanted to get a chance to talk to her, to talk about that one moment during their date.