Chapter 8 - Elmo's Team

Chapter 8 - Elmo’s Team

Unedited

Elmo was sitting in a bar he and his friends frequent to whenever they got together.  The bar itself is just 10 minutes away from SJC which made him glad. It would take him 30 minutes in the least from FMCC and 20 minutes from his house. He was swirling around the glass of whiskey in his hand before taking a huge gulp. He looked at the people he was with.

It has been a while since they all went out and had a drink or partied. He had been busy with work and with the merger that he didn’t had time to go out with his friends whenever they invite him out after work hours or during the weekends.

He was glad that his friends decided to invite him out that day. He couldn’t get what happened, or what almost happened with Julie and him at his temporary office. He only wanted to tease her the first time, it was a playful tease, he just wanted to annoy her and make her blush, but the way she reacted caught him off guard. Julie didn’t push her away like he expected, it was like she welcomed his advances which made him more determined the second time he tried to kiss her, if only Julie’s secretary didn’t ruin their moment, he could have claimed her lips with his. 

He couldn’t forget the way she made him feel after he bumped into her; the way  her cheeks turned red and the way she stuttered because of their proximity, him holding her by the waist. Elmo was bothered, he couldn’t believe after all these years, Julie still managed to make him feel butterflies in his stomach.

With Julie reacting the way she did towards him made him confused, sending him mixed signals which confuses him more. He took another swig of his whiskey, and asked the bartender for another glass.

He felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Dude, what’s up with you? You’ve been awfully quiet tonight." Derrick, one of his friend asked

"Oo nga, parang hindi ikaw. Dami ng babaeng nagpapa-pansin sayo di mo man lang pansinin. Hahaha that rhymed!" Enzo piped in.

Elmo snickered, shaking his head.

"No reason, just a little stressed from work." Elmo answered.

"So, what do you think of my proposal? Are you guys willing to help me out with this project?" Elmo asked his friends.

"I’m in." Steven said

"Ako din." Enzo and Kris said in unison

Derrick and Enzo looked at each other, then said “Count us in.”

"Glad to have my team on this project." Elmo said with a smile.

"I guess we should discuss the details further." Steven said after taking a sip of his drink