Chapter 9 - Jealousy

A/N: This chapter is Julie’s POV from the previous chapter. Enjoy

Unedited.

Julie has been sitting on her swivel chair all morning. She’s been busy with the preparations of the Merger Party that her Father assigned to her along with other Managers and Department Heads. He wanted her to be apart of it so she can make sure that they won’t spend too much money on unnecessary things and because she’s the only one he trusts with the company’s money after what happened.

She took a deep breath leaning back on her chair, then closed her eyes. She just finished the task that was assigned to her for the Party, she already gave Dianne instructions and contact numbers of flower shops that sells fresh flowers, bakery shops that has pastries to die for, & novelty shops that has great quality, but costs less unlike the ones that one of the Manager suggested that was way too expensive.

Nakahinga na siya ng maluwag dahil sa wakas natapos arin niya ang in-assign sakanyang task para sa Merger Party. Hahayaan nalang niya yung iba na mag-supervise sa arrangements, etc ng venue, dadaan-daan nalang siya para tignan ang progress at kung may kailangan pang idagdag.

A smile graced her lips nang biglang pumasok sa isip niya si Elmo. Ever since na-rekindle nila ang friendship nila, hindi pa sila nakakapag-bonding or kwentuhan man lang. Then an idea popped into her head, since nasa province pa naman si Aiden, aayain niya muna si Elmo na sabayan siya sa lunch. Para narin makapag usap sila. The last time she saw him was nung sunday pa sa dami ng ginagawa niya, and hindi parin niya ‘to nakikita or nakakasalubong sa building dahil baka busy din siya.

She took her phone from her table and checked it to see kung may text siya from her fiance. Since umalis si Aiden hindi pa niya ito nakakausap. Morning greetings lang natatanggap niya mula rito and kahit tawag ay wala rin. Hindi niya rin ito magawang tawagan dahil ng sa dami ng ginagawa niya. When she saw she had no new messages from him, she decided to text him nalang to let him know that magla-lunch na siya and to remind him also na kumain narin ng lunch niya.

She placed her phone in her pocket. With a smile still etched on her face she stood up from her seat with her phone in hand. She decided to go to Elmo’s office to ask him if he wanted to join her for lunch. 

As soon as she opened her door, what she saw made her furrow her eyebrow, scrutinizing what she was seeing. She saw Elmo leaning over Dianne’s table, and Dianne fluttering her eyelids giggling like a little girl. 

At talagang dito po sa office naisipang magalandian! she thought.

Julie walked a little closer to hear what they were talking about. 

She heard Dianne giggle again and said, “Oo naman sir, okay lang po sakin, pero kailangan ko pa po itanong kay Ma’am Julie kung okay lang. Baka po kasi pagalitan niya ko kapag umalis po ako dito ng hindi nagsasabi sakanya. Pero kung ako lang po masusunod siyempre po okay na okay sakin.” 

A lot of things ran to her mind and then she heard Elmo say,