Chapter 19 - There's A Rainbow After The Rain...

Chapter 19 - There's A Rainbow After The Rain...

A/N: Sorry for another sabaw chapter 😅 and sorry din for the dual POV. Also, thank you! Yes YOU! For still reading this story inspite of it being long, long, long overdue. Thank you! 😊

Not edited nor is it proofread.  Please bear with it.

- x - x - x -

"What can I do to help?" Julie asked

"Um, payungan mo nalang ako" sagot ni Elmo na naka ngiti sa kanya.

He went to open the gas tank while Julie is holding up the umbrella so rain water won't get into the gas tank, while Elmo pours the gasoline in.

"Ti-nry mo pa ba i-start yung sasakyan nung namatayan kayo?" He asked her since she was the one on the driver's side when he arrived earlier.

"Um, oo."

"Ilang beses?"

"Dalawang beses lang, I think?"

"Hmm." Elmo hummed while nodding his head.

After pouring almost all of the gasoline from the container, he closed the gas tank, and went to the driver's side and popped open the hood. All the while Julie followed him still holding the umbrella.

"What are you doing? Naubusan lang naman ng gasoline di naman sa makina problem." Julie asked curiously.

"You said you tried to start the car after it stopped running, I wanted to be sure na mag start parin siya after I've poured the gasoline." Elmo answered and popped open the carburetor lid and poured the little gasoline left in the container into it.
"Julie, pa-start ng engine."

"Okay. Here take the umbrella."

"No, you take it. Go"

"But--"

"Jules, I'm already soaked from the rain. You take the umbrella and start the engine so we can go back to others and out of this down pour."

Julie sighed and did as he asked. She went to the driver side of the car and gave turned the ignition and stepped on the gas pedal. After a few try the car finally started. She went out and back to where Elmo is. She saw him locking the lid in place while the engine is still running, and closed the hood. He took the umbrella from her and led her to the passenger side of the car. "I'll drive." He said once she was seated he closed the door. He skipped to the driver side to pp open the trunk, where he placed the empty gas container. Closed the trunk and got in the car, and they left that side of the road.

They were both silent, only the sound of the car wipers, radio and  rain pelting on the roof of the car can be heard. She's feels comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. Her conversation earlier with Maqui still running in her mind. She badly wanted to ask him, if there really is nothing going on between the two of them. She hates herself for even doubting her. Maqui, her bestfriend, who has always been there for her, but she can't help it. A seed has been planted in her head, and it kept growing even when Maqui assured her that nothing was, is, and will be going on between her and Elmo, that she was just making a point by making Julie think that there is.

She was startled from her thoughts when Elmo spoke, and she turned to look at him.

"Daan muna tayo ng gas station bago tayo bumalik sa bahay, para sure na makabalik tayo. 1 liter lang ng gas sinalin ko." He was wiping the water falling to his eyes from  his hair.