Chapter 2 - Elmo Magalona

Unedited

Elmo woke up early to go to work. He was excited for the merger of FMCC and SJC. it was very big deal for their company. They knew about the financial dilemma that SJC is facing. They were made aware of this at fisrt hand.

Inspite of the dilemma they were facing, FMCC still wanted this merger to happen. SJ Corp has been in the busines even before FMCC was and they had a lot branches Nationwide even in other countries.

Elmo is currently the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) he is responsible for research and development and possibly for new product plans. He also handles the Finances of FMCC.

He was on his way to the office maisipan niya kasing bisitahin ang bagong bukas nilang store sa isang mall to check on it lang, not long after ay umalis narin siya after grabbing coffee from Starbucks.

He was driving along a familiar road, and when he looked to his left, he saw his alma mater, the University where he graduated from and met a very special friend.

He couldn't stop the smile that graced his lips when he remembered the girl he called his bestfriend. The last time he saw her was during their graduation.

"Kamusta ka na kaya?" he suddenly asked, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

After graduation he tried to re-connect with her, tried calling her old phone number, but unfortunately it seemed she changed numbers.

Julie. he breathed out her name

He was madly in love with her back then, and maybe he still is. He wanted to tell her how he felt right after graduation but when he came looking for her, he couldn't find her. After a year of search for her, he finally gave up. He's been in and out of relationships. Elmo couldn't keep a single relationship longer than a month. He couldn't help but compare her with all the women he dated. He became numb to love. He closed up his heart so no woman can break his heart like it did when he lost the her, so he wouldn't feel the pain he felt again.

Nakikipag date parin siya, pero never siyang nanligaw. Date lang, nothing official. He is still a guy and he has needs. After he gets what he needed he would dump the girl or never call them again.

He knows what he's doing is wrong but he can't help it.

He's been in a on and off relationship with his ex girlfriend from High school Laurie, nothing serious. She's currently dating a model and is out of the country.

They got back together 5 months after he graduated from college and decided to date again. They were together for 8 months. They broke up because Elmo needed to focus on their company and Laurie wanted his attention solely on her. He couldn't fully commit his time for her dahil nga during that time FMCC was rising in the industry fast, and their products, specifically the ones he designed himself became in demand. So they ended up breaking up.

Every now and then, after they broke up, one night they got together, and spent a night of bliss. The next morning, they both agreed that they will be each others relievers, for short a friend with benefits, or fuck buddy if you may.

He wasn't that quick to agree, because he didn't like the idea using her for relief, but Laurie convinced him otherwise. Convincing him that they will have no commitments, no attachments, no complications whatsoever. They both agreed that if ever they both are ready to get into a relationship with each other, then they will.

But Elmo doubt that he would finally, really commit to Laurie when he is madly, deeply, irrevocably in love with Julie.

For now, main priority niya ang company nila. Kaya naka-focus lang siya dito. Kapag pumasok siya sa relationship ulit, mahahati ang attention niya. He wants to focus muna with their company sa ngayon.