Chapter 15 - Out of Town

A/N: Please bear with my writing, havent written in a long while and the song above is what I imagined playing on the car ride. Please do give it a listen. Song is entitled 1000x by Jarryd James ft. The Broods

"In another lifetime,
I will never change my mind.
I will do it all again, ooh
A thousand times.."

Chapter 15 - Out Of Town

Unedited

It was ​11​ in the ​evening​ when Julie received a text from Maqui telling her that they were 10 minutes away from her condo building. she's been awake for an hour before getting her text, sitting on her couch, looking out her window while drinking/sipping a cup of coffee. she's had trouble sleeping after having that conversation with Maqui the other day. The realization of the situation did not sit well with her, because deep, deep down she didn't want to let Elmo go but the cicumstance of the situation, of her being engaged to another guy states that she has to, let go of all her romantic feelings for him that she doubt she will be able to. she needs to distance herself from him but this trip that they're taking will prove to be difficult to distance herself. True to her word, Maqui texted he ten minutes after her previous text, letting her know that they were waiting down stairs.

I'm on my way down she texted back and then got up from her seat and brought her cup to the kitchen sink to clean it up then went to grab her things in the living room, turning out the lights and locking her door once she was out the hallway and then headed for the elevator.

As she waits for the elevator to arrive at the lobby, all she could think about is how she's going to get her feelings/emotions for Elmo in check in the duration of their trip. When the elevator opened she stepped out into the condo lobby. She started walking towards the doors when she stopped midstep surprised at what, or rather, who was waiting for her near the lobby doors. Elmo is standing there with one hand in his pocket, checking his watch, looking dashing in his unbuttoned blue plaid shirt with both sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a thin plain white v-neck shirt underneath, wearing shorts and sneakers, with his hair all mussed up. Seeing him did not make her decision any easier.

Realizing just the day before that she is still inlove with him, did not prepare her to the things she would feel when she saw him. It's like looking through a kaleidoscope, seeing things in a different way, seeing him in a new perspective. Taking a deep fortifying breath to calm her nerves, she started walking towards him. Once she's three steps behind him she cleared her throat to get his attention. When he turned around to face her, he already had a smile painting his handsome face. A special smile that he only gave her, the kind where his eyes softens that she felt warmth, care, and love emanating from just that one smile.

She closed her eyes, seeing that smile is making her resolve falter. She took a calming breath and opened her eyes and looked at him. He was still wearing that smile when he greeted her.

"Hi Julie"

"Hi" she greeted back, forcing a smile.

"You ready to go?" he asked

She nodded and said, "Yeah"

She saw Elmo looking at her bag that she was carrying and reached for them.

"Let me get that bag for you" he said as he took them from her.

She tightened her hold on the bag and said, "No thanks, kaya ko naman."

"Julie, I insist." he said giving her a stern look.

She sighed and let him carry her bag for her.