Chapter 13 - Announcements and some other stuff

Unedited.

-x- -x- -x-

Still wrapped in each other's arms, Julie and Elmo were still swaying to the music, when it suddenly stopped and a clearing of the throat was heard from the speakers.

They broke away from each other and directed their attention towards the stage. There they saw Nathaniel San Jose holding the microphone with Frank Magalona standing a few feet behind him.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Can I have your attention please."

They heard Nathaniel say from the speakers, grabbing the attention of everyone in the ball room.

"I know you are all well aware that we had this ball or party, whichever you want to call it, for a reason. Well, after finding out earlier this evening of a wonderful news, make that two."

Elmo looked at Julie's reaction, she looked like she was panicking, which made him wonder why. Instead of voicing out his concern, he reached for her hand, which made her look up and gave it a squeeze. Letting her know that he was there for her.

Julie looked and smiled at him in return before she turned her attention back to the stage. He, on the other hand, looked at her for a moment, studying her. She's been very calm ever since she came to him to the bar and told him that he owed her a dance, but her eyes bellied her expression. If her demeanor and facial expression was calm, her eyes told her a different story. They were a blaze with anger, which, to be honest, scared the shit out of him.

He never intended to let her see what happened with the other girl, he got caught in the moment and with the amount of alcohol he consumed, it was not hard to get carried away. But seeing Julie earlier, automatically sobered him up.

"...I'd like to call my daughter Julie and Mr. Elmo Magalona on stage to join us first before the announcement."

Turning his attention back to the stage, where Nathaniel and Frank was, he felt a hand wrapped on his elbow. He looked back and saw that it was Julie's hand.

"Let's go." He heard her say.

"Huh? Go where?" He asked, brows furrowed, as Julie started to drag him to the stage.

b

"Weren't you listening? Pinapa akyat tayo ni Daddy sa stage bago yung announcement." She said, voice lowered so that only he could hear.

"Ahh, okay." He answered as he started to match her pace.

As they ascended the stage, they stood on the left side of Nathaniel, nodding at both of them.

"Now, I know you are all aware of the scandal that had happened in SJC. It was all over the news and the news papers. One the SJC's board, a very close friend of mine stole money from the company, right under my nose. I haven't realized until he disappeared along with it. And the news of bankruptcy started to mill around. Fortunately, the sons of an old friend of mine stepped up and offered a helping hand."

"By proposing a merger with their company. It was a risk merging with them because as their company rose up, they became a strict rival. And now we will stand as one company, sister companies, if you may."

"Please welcome FMCCs' CEO/President Mr. Frank Magalona and his brother, CTO/Vice President Mr. Elmo Magalona!"

Everyone applauded the Magalona brothers. Handing the microphone to Frank, both men shook hands before Frank began with his speech.

"Thank you everyone, and to SJC for your warm welcome. And thank you Mr. San Jose. I would like to take credit for the idea of this merge, but I wasn't the one who proposed and spear-headed it. That would be my brother Elmo."