Chapter 6 - JuliElmo Moment

Unedited.

Monday.

Julie was sitting on her swivel chair in her office looking at personnel profiles from the marketing department, and their designers and artists that she asked Dianne to get for her. She was trying to get together her team for the project that her Father, Nathaniel and Frank assigned to her and to Elmo.

She came to work early with coffee in hand just so she could start to get together her team so they could finish the project ahead of time.

While scrolling down the personnel profiles, she saw familiar names which surprised her.

"Dito sila nagttrabaho?" she said.

Julie wrote down their names, and picked up the phone to call her secretary in.

She heard three knocks on her door.

"Come in, Dianne." she said, knowing it was her secretary.

The door opened revealing Dianne. When she neared her table. Julie gave her a piece of paper where she listed down the names of employees she wanted to be on her team.

"Paki tawag yung mga nakalistang employees diyan, tell them na pinapatawag sila ng CFO and tell them to meet me sa conference room B."

"Yes Ma’am. Anong oras ko po sila papapuntahin sa conference room?" Dianne asked.

"Hmm." Julie thought for a while.

"Mga 3pm nalang, during break time."

"Okay po." Dianne said walking towards the door.

"And Dianne, don’t mention my name, basta sabihin mo lang gusto silang makausap ng CFO and that it’s very important."

"Yes Ma’am"

"Thanks Dianne." Julie said before Dianne left her office.

She let out a sigh of relief, and gulped down the last of her coffee. She smiled to herself. She felt excited to see her old friends again.

Afterwards, she went back to work before her lunch meeting with her father and Elmo. The thought of seeing Elmo after last night made her smile. She was happy that she and Elmo was bestfriends again, like the 4 years of no communication never strained their friendship.

They talked all day, catching up with what happened with their lives after college that they didn’t notice that it was already getting dark. So she decided to invite him to have dinner with them wich he obliged, except for Frank who had to leave early, which Nathaniel had ask their chauffer to drive him home instead of him getting in a cab.