Chapter 10 - Almost Confession

A/N: Hello there readers! Sorry for the long wait. It's been very hectic at the office I didn't have time to write. I apologize in advance for this one, di na ko sanay kaya na-ngangapa pa ako ulit.

This chapter is dedicated to these two, ate @iKRISyou and to my long lost cousin, ate @JuliElmo7

—x- - -x- - -x—

Chapter 10 - Almost Confession

Unedited.

"I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; But when we burst open and think we are dying; We're actually turning into a supernova. And then we look at ourselves, we see that we're suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before!  -  C. JoyBell C.

Elmo was sitting in a table for two at one of the finest resto in the area. He was drumming his fingers on the table and kept looking at his wrist watch with every minute that passed. He arrived at the restaurant an hour early. He was that excited. Now he felt anxious and nervous with every passing minute. He had texted Julie the last night inviting her to dinner, in which she agreed with. He texted her the time and place at noon after he made a reservation. They both didn't get tha chance to talk during office hours at SJC because they were both busy with work especially Julie now that the is just a few days away.

He once again looked at his watch, there's still 20 minutes left before the time he told her to meet him for their 'friendly' dinner date.

He took a sip of water, and continued drumming his fingers on the table. He fixed the collar of his dress shirt, and straightened his jacket, cleared his throat and took another sip of water. He took out his smart phone and checked his e-mails while he waits.

After answering some work related e-mails he pocketes his phone and checked the time on his wrist watch. It was already 5 minutes past the time he told her to meet him. He took another sip of water and turned his attention towards the restaurant's entrance.

When she walked in he recognized her immediately. He sighed in relief. He stood up and went to stand beside the chair across his seat. Juliee was a wearing a blue dress that stopped mid her thigh and hugged her body. Her hair hair was donned up into a bun. She wore diamond studded earings and a 3 inch skin toned pumps. When Julie reached him they kissed each other's cheek in greeting. Elmo pulled out the chair for her and she mumbled a 'thank you' in return, as Elmo went back to his seat.

"Sorry I'm late. I was held up at the office, hindi ako nakaalis agad. Did you wait long?" Julie asked.

"It's fine Julie, I understand and no I didn't wait long" Elmo answered.

He decided not to tell her that has been waiting for 30 minutes. He didn't want to explain to her the reason why he came earlier to the restaurant.

Silence fell upon them. It wasn't an awkward silence though, it's the comfortale kind of silence. They looked at each other, giving each other their warmest smiles. They stayed like that for a minute or two, until Elmo broke the silence.

"Hi" Elmo said with a smile.

"Hi" Julie returned with a smile of her own.

"You look lovely tonight." Elmo said, with a smile still plastered on his face.

"Why thank you. You don't look bad yourself. Actually, you clean up pretty well." Julie teases with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Ouch! That hurt Julie." Elmo feigned hurt by putting a hand over his chest.