Chapter 18 - When It Rains

A/N: Medyo sabaw, pagpasensyahan niyo na hehe and kung magulo POV's 
Ctto to the owner of the photo....

Chapter 18 - When It Rains

Unedited. Not proofread

- x - x - x -

Maqui

"He's still in love with you."

"What?" Julie said perplexed

Maqui, still looking at her best friend nodded.

"Did he tell you that himself?" Julie asked

"He didn't need to say it." Maqui answered with certainty.

"How can you be so sure?" Julie asked incredulously.

"Kwento mo sakin lahat nang nangyari  nung gabing dumating tayo sa beach house, nung pinuntahan ka niya sa kwarto mo."

Julie nodded and starting telling her best friend in detail her encounter with Elmo last night.

*flashback*

Julie followed him to the door of her room, once he was outside she closed the door. She went to her bag to get her toiletries and a change of clothes. After doing her business in the bathroom, she went to the edge of the bed where she left her change of clothes for the night. She was about to climb on the bed when she heard a knock at her door.

Sino naman kaya yun? she thought.

"Baka si Maqui." Another knock, kaya nagmadali siyang buksan ang pinto

When she opened the door, with a irritable expression thinking it was Maqui, but was surprised to see it was Elmo. Still wearing the clothes he wore earlier but only now he was barefoot.

"Elmo?" Julie asked when she saw him standing there looking at her intently.

"Hey, Julie. Na-istorbo ba kita?"

"Um, hindi naman. What's up?"

"I just... I wanted to... um.." he said looking at his feet.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, confused

Elmo looked up and smiled at her. He stepped closer towards her and hugged her tightly, his head on the crook of her neck. Julie stood there frozen in place. When she felt him breathe her in she asked, "Elmo, o-okay ka lang ba?"

"I am now" she heard him whisper.

After a few more deep breaths from him, he slowly unwound his arms from around her and leaned a few inches away from her. He raised both his hands on either side of her cheeks and raised her head up until they're looking at each other, eye to eye.

He gazed at her like he was looking at the most precious thing, most important thing in his life, like she's his whole world. Her heart was beating so fast, that all she could hear was her heart. Then very slowly he started to lean down, knowing what he was planning to do she closed her eyes, waiting for the contact of his lips to hers. But it never came.

She opened her eyes again, and saw him, inches away from her face, looking at her with so much gentleness in his eyes, and smiled ate her. He kissed her on her nose and lingered there for a while, then slowly took a step back and said.

"Good night Julie. That's what I came by to say." Then he walked back to his room.

She closed the door and leaned on it. Gusto niyang maniwala na yun lang talaga ang gustong sabihin sakanya ni Elmo, but something in her gut tells her otherwise. Sighing she went back and lay down on the bed.