Chapter 7 - Julie's Team

Chapter 7 - Julie’s Team

Unedited

Julie cleared her throat 

"Oh okay. Thanks Dianne. Tell them I’ll be there in (10) ten minutes." Julie replied

Dianne nodded in reply and walked away.

Julie took a deep breath before turning around to face Elmo. He was looking at his feet and has his hands scratching his nape, a habit Julie learned that he does when he feels embarrassed or shy.

For some reason, Julie found it cute. She heard him clear his throat.

"Julie about what hap—" Elmo said before she cut him off.

"I have to go. I have a meeting to attend to." Julie said looking at him, holding his gaze.

"Pero Julie kailangan natin pag usapan yung nangyari."

Julie shook her head, then looked him in the eyes.

"Wala tayong dapat pagusapan Elmo kasi wala naman nangyari."

The look in Elmo’s face that Julie saw made her heart ache, and guilty for saying what she said. She didn’t mean what she said, but Julie didn’t what what almost happen means. She looked away for a moment to compose herself then she looked up again. 

The pain and hurt she saw on Elmo was gone and the blank and cold expression returned.

"You’re right. Nothing happened." Elmo said with a smile.

The smile didn’t reach his eyes and it made Julie cringe. Even though Elmo was smiling the look in his eyes were empty.

Julie cleared her throat, nodding in agreement.

"I have to go. I’ll see you around." Julie told him with a small smile then left his office and went to hers.

Once she was inside her office she let a breath of air she didn’t know she was holding. Her heart was beating really fast that she needed to calm herself as tears stung her eyes. She let two or three tears roll down her eyes. She took tissues from her table and wiped the tears that stained her cheeks. After composing herself for the second time, she took the documents she was going to need for her meeting.

She left her office, as her secretary approached her. They talked as they were walking towards th elevator.

"Yung food po na pina-order niyo Ma’am nasa conference room na po. Kumpleto narin po yung mga pinatawag niyong employees." Dianne said as Julie gave her the other documents that she was holding.

"Uh, okay. Thanks Dianne. kanina pa ba sila naghihintay dun?"

Dianne scrunched up her brows, “Um, mga 10 minutes pa lang po. Ah, Ma’am Julie okay ka lang ba?”

"I’m okay Dianne." Julie answered with a small smile.

"Okay. if you say so."

When the elevator doors opened, they entered and pushed the number 10 for the floor where the conference rooms are located. Julie shook her head , trying to get the thoughts of what almost happened in Elmo’s office out of her mind.

When the elevator sopped on the tenth floor, they immediately stepped out and headed for the conference room. Before they even got there, Julie can already hear voices coming from the room.

Julie and Dianne stopped in front of the door. She took a deep breath before Dianne opened the door.

Once the door opened the talking stopped immediately. Julie took a step inside after Dianne. She went and took a seat in the chair on the opposite side of the oval table, across from where the others were seated. Dianne sat beside her.