Please Trust Me

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoy this new one-shot!!

By the way, there is gonna be a one-shot soon after this one so don't think I forgot about any requests.

‼️ Warning: Spoilers for the Final Season and Dragon Cry.

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

Lucy softly ran her fingers across his skin, not in a sensual or seductive way, but more in a nostalgic way. She felt the slight difference when she ran across the scar embodied into his side abdomen. She softly frowned as she then slowed her finger, "Natsu . . ." She muttered, unaware she even said anything.

"Hm?" Natsu hummed, glancing up at her as she sat on top of his stomach.

She glanced back up, surprised he heard her. She shook her head, "It's nothing." She laughed airily.

"It's obviously something. I heard you say my name. What is it?" He grinned tenderly.

She grinned back, "No I just— it's unbelievable that I'm still thinking about this. Even almost a year later, I still am."

"What's on your mind, Luce?" He tilted his head slightly.

"The battle with Zeref . . . You had to go head-first, didn't you?"

Natsu's smile softened as he stared at her, wondering why she was still thinking of that. "Luce, it's okay. I knew what I was doing-"

"You knew what you were doing?" She slightly raised her voice. "You knew what you were doing? Oh so you also obviously knew the heart attack you gave me. The nights I spent on your bedside just praying you would wake up. Did you know that? Did you know the state of panic you put me in?"

"Luce, I honestly had no idea but I can assure you that I had the right motive. You know I would never hurt you on purpose."

"You don't even tell us you go into battle alone, against one of the greatest foes we have ever faced. And then you come back, . . ." Her voice shook. "You came back just not breathing." She breathed in, "You can't . . . You can't just keep on doing this, Natsu. That whole war, I honestly had no idea if you were going to make it out alive and thinking that and trying so hard to convince myself you would be okay was the scariest thing that had ever happened to me."

Natsu sat up, "Luce, you know I can take care of myself. Don't worry, I'll be okay."

"Until what?!" She snapped. "Until you're laying on the ground lifeless? Natsu, I literally held you in my arms waiting for you to wake up. And you didn't."

"You can trust me, okay? I know at times it may seem pretty hopeless but I will not ever give up fighting. Especially with you waiting."

"Natsu, that's exactly what I'm scared of." She sighed sadly. "You just don't know how to step back for the life of yourself." She chuckled. "I don't want there to be a day where you end up charging in uncalled for and you just don't wake up. If something were to ever happen to you, Natsu, I don't know what I would do."

"I get it, Luce. And I feel the same way if something were to happen to you. But trust me, I—"

Lucy stood up on her feet, "No, stop it! Stop it with the 'trust me'! I already trust you! But I don't trust death. And I don't trust those people out there. You nearly got yourself killed. And we almost did not know what to do. If Brandish wasn't there, you would— . . ." She cut herself off as she stared back at Natsu who did nothing but stare at her blankly.

"Why . . . Why are you being so protective all of a sudden?" He asked her quietly. "You're normally never like this. You know I'm like this. And yeah I can be pretty reckless but I trust the guild and you. And I'm sure you trust them too. So, why are you being like this?"