11. Till the Sunrise

There comes a time when you need to let things go. You can't control everything, it's not all in your hands, no matter how hard you try to grab it. 

Giving up the restraints means sitting in fear of what will happen in the hands of someone else. You need to let go every once in a while because you need to have fear to live. Fear brings you to life, makes your heart beat faster, makes your eyes grow wide and opens your mind. So I decided to embrace some fear well not completely, I was quite hesitant.

Before I had time to protest Nate's condition, he said "I got you out of all this," pointing around us. "The least you could let me do is take the camaro for a spin," he said as he glanced at the car in admiration.

I contemplated in my mind what I would do. I could be a total bitch and say no way in hell but he did somehow get me out of this dumb situation. So I agreed.

We made our way out of the police station towards my car as Nate kept his hand on the small of my back. It was a sweet gesture especially since I haven't seen him in a few days and I've missed his touch. The touch that ignited a fire in me, a fire which was fueled by desire.

"So how did you get me out of that?" I asked as my curiosity and bluntness got the best of me. "Was that your friend?"

"Something like that," he replied with a smirk.

"I hate to break it to you but your friend is a real dick," I said, feeling no remorse.

"Yeah I know but don't worry I put him in his place."

"Well thank you for that," I said with a smile before I realized we were standing by my car. I quickly snatched the keys from his hand.

"What was that for?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"I need to ask you a few questions first, can you drive a stick shift?"

He rolled his eyes and sarcastically said "no," before trying to grab the keys from my hand as I moved back a step out of his reach.

"You can't hit the brakes too hard and you can't go too fast. You have to take it easy," I said, feeling overprotective of my car.

"It's my turn to ask a question," he said as I nodded. "Was going 50 over the limit considered 'taking it easy'?" He asked as he mocked me. I laughed and playfully smacked his arm before handing him the keys.

It felt weird to sit in the passenger seat but I sat there running my sweaty palms down my thighs. Nate started the car and I held onto the side of the door in fear. He looked over at me with his signature smirk before he went into first gear and drove onto the road. Surprisingly he did take it easy and I felt myself relaxing a bit just enjoying the ride.

The streets were dark, it was before midnight. I was getting lost in the scenery beyond the window and I didn't notice that we weren't making our way back into the city.

"Nate?"

"Yes."

"Where are we going?" I asked uneasy.

"To the track, I want to see how fast she can go," he said as he shifted into a higher gear.

"No, you had your fun. Pull over, I'm driving back."

"Ok ok," he said as he pulled into the parking lot on the outskirts of the track. I didn't realize we were already here. "Just one race."

"I swear if," I started to say when he cut me off.

"Yeah yeah don't worry just enjoy the ride baby," he said as he put his hand on my thigh and drew circles making my mind all foggy.

Nate got a helmet for himself and I got mine from my back of the car as he pulled up to the start line. He was gazing into my eyes, looking at me like I'm the only thing that mattered to him.

It was nice until I realized the race was about to start. "Keep your eyes on the road," I said as I glared at him.

Nate was racing a BMW but he didn't really care about his opponent because he was too busy fangirling it out over my car. Nate started to rev up the car making me even more nervous. I'm all for a good race but only when I'm behind the wheel especially with my favourite car.

The light turned green and we had a major lead. When the smell of burnt rubber invaded my senses, I felt better. Nate kept glancing over at me as I gave him a total death stare. He should take this more seriously. I'm stressing out as he is cool as a cucumber.

We won, it was kinda a dead giveaway. As soon as we pulled off to the side, I unclipped my seat belt and took off my helmet. "Great job," I said unfazed, "now switch seats with me."

"You're a little demanding, you know that?" He asked with a cocky look before he leaned in and claimed my lips. Our tongues danced together as sparks flew in the air. I turned my body towards him to deepen the kiss and his hands explored my hips, leaving tingles in every place he touches. My hands made their way to his soft hair before Nate pulled away. "I've wanted to do that all night," he said as we both tried to catch our breath.

We stayed and watched a few more races as we talked about cars. It was around one in the morning when we left. I drove, thank god I won that fight with him. It's about a 30 minute ride back into town and I was getting tired as we drove. My eyes started to get foggy as my head fell and quickly rose again. Nate reached over holding one of my hands, saying "Zara, your falling asleep. Pull over, I'll drive from here."

I reluctantly pulled over to the side of the dirt road and switched spots with Nate. I soon got comfortable in my seat but unlike before, I did not feel tired. I guess I was more aware due to the fact that Nate was in control. I trust him, I definitely do but there's just something that makes him much sexier when he's in control. I couldn't look away from him, he was too mesmerizing.

Before I knew it, he pulled into the long gated driveway that led to his house. I guess I will drive home from here.

Looking up at the star lit sky, I asked "what time is it?"

"It's almost 2."

My eyes widened at his response. Shit, I have to work tomorrow or today, whatever you would call it.

"Do you want to come inside for a bit?" He asked playfully.

I fought a battle with myself before replying, "no I shouldn't. I have to work in the morning."

"What's the point of being your own boss if you can't make your own schedule," he said with a smirk. "Come on," he said as he got out of the car and opened the door for me.

Without hesitation I followed him into his house. Nate helped me break a few walls that I didn't know I had built up. I felt like I was giving into what I selfishly wanted and I didn't know if I would regret it yet.