Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Tell me about yourself, Tom." Lyra insisted, breaking the silent tension that fed between the two as they cleaned the potion supplies for the year. Lyra wanted to know all about the man, why everyone had their eyes set on this man, and most importantly, why he was so brash.

"There is certainly nothing for you to know. And it's Riddle, slut." Tom hissed, drying the caldron that she had just cleaned.

"No need to be so harsh, Tom-"

"Riddle." Tom seethed while forcefully placing a caldron on the counter causing it to clang.

"We aren't going to get Head Boy and Girl if you're so harsh, Riddle." Lyra leered, passing him another clean caldron for him to dry. Lyra knew that's all the boy wanted. To be the best. It was as if no one ever told him he was of value.

"Don't talk to me." He spat back at Lyra, taking a moment to turn his head and lock eyes with her.

"Oh come on." She begged, a cheeky grin slapped on her face.

"No." He spat looking away. "Stop begging, it makes you more of a whore."

"Oh, who put the stick up your ass?" Lyra smiled.

"You shouldn't talk to me like that you know?"

"Why? What are you going to do?"

"I could kill you." Tom snarled, rolling his tongue on the inside of his cheek. Lyra merely looked at him. Sleeves rolled up, hair slightly messy. She had never felt attraction to Tom, but yet, at the moment, she felt like she did.

"Kill me then." Tom had never been tested before, and he didn't enjoy it. He forcefully pushed her against the wall, by her neck, his metal rings burning her skin. Lyra already felt the bruises forming on her neck.

"Test me again, and I'll do worse than kill you." Tom fumed, looking into her sharp green eyes.

"Oh will you now? And what's that?" Lyra pushed even further, knowing that sooner or later Tom's patience would run out. She was just having fun with it, earning pleasure out of making him mad. It thrilled her. It made her wet. She had never felt like this for Tom, though she never was around Tom. It wasn't that she knew he was unattainable, she could get Tom if she wanted, it was that he was what everybody wanted. And Lyra didn't like going for the common flavor.

"You little bitch-"

"Alright. How are the two of you doing?" Headmaster Dippet interrupted. Tom quickly turned around and made the face that he always does. It was a Good Boy Smile nor a Dead Father Frown, it was a mix of the two. A solemn resting face. The boy looked so innocent but acted so vile. And Lyra wanted it all.

The pair had already finished their task, they had cleaned all the potion supplies. After earning a quick nod from Dippet, they were told to return to the office as he went to gather the rest of the students. The two walked in silence, Lyra having to gallop to catch up with Tom's long strides.

The two entered the empty room, the silence cascading around them. The two stood in silence, up until Lyra couldn't take it anymore. Thankfully, right as she was going to open the same mouth that nearly landed her in hot water, everyone else walked in. Although, the tension stayed the same. All eager to find out who earned the Head titles.

Soon, Headmaster Dippet walked in, hopefully bringing the news. He paraded his way through the room, until eventually he made his way to the desk. He quickly cleared his throat, finding the papers that he had written his notations on.

"Now, all of you students are eligible to honor the Head titles, though these two brought the best atmosphere, and work extremely well together." Dippet looked down to his notes and back up at us. He wiggled his way from behind his desk, and made his way towards the group. They all huddled in front of him, waiting for his response. "The pair that were the only group to finish their task before the time had run out was Ms. Desai and Mr. Riddle. Congratulations." Headmaster Dippet gave a quick applause accompanied by Dorea, Priscilla and Ethan, the few who weren't too proud to applaud Tom and Lyra's winnings. "You will head to the Head Tower where your rooms are located, all of your items have been moved, and on your desk lay an assignment to be completed." Tom's palms started sweating as anxiety grew in him, but he knew Dippet and his subordinates were too mindless to find his hidden possessions.

"Thank you, sir." Lyra smiled, followed by a short nod from Tom and the two made their way to the towers. Their walk was prolonged, and frigid, bringing an enormous amount of silence.

"Are you ever going to talk to me?" Lyra asked as they approached their dorm. Tom rolled his tongue on the inside of his cheek before letting go of his door handle, and turning to face her. Yet again, he pushed her up against the wall, this time using his body, and he planted his hand beside her head, on the wall behind her. She gasped at his contact, Lyra could practically taste his breath. Cold. Minty. Her own breath hitched, as their eyes made contact.

"No. Stop trying to be a harlot." Tom seethed, their faces centimeters apart. Tom quickly brought his left hand to her throat and applied pressure. More bruises formed on her neck, and her legs wobbled. She took in the closeness of Tom, closing her eyes to try and relieve herself.

"Open your fucking eyes!" Tom yelled, taking his hand from her throat and slamming it next to her head. "I'm going to make your life hell." Lyra couldn't describe her emotions. She wasn't scared, it was as if she was excited. Lust. Tom immediately caught on, and left, slamming his dorm room behind him. Lyra scurried into her own room, lightly shutting the door behind her, and locking it. All of her stuff was piled in front of her, but she walked around it to get to the mirror above her dresser. She pulled on the collar of her shirt, gulping at the purple marks already formed, and the ones coming. An imprint of a snake ring was plastered on her neck. She sighed as she plopped herself on her bed, reliving the moments from earlier. She couldn't help but feel giddy with her encounters, even though she shouldn't.