A Day in the Country

Mike thought it would be a good idea for us to go to the countryside for a couple days. We were put in two teams. Team A and Team B.

A was Mike's and B was Gina's. In Team A there was me, Liam, Lily, Johnny, Gus and Sapphire.

Then B was Harry, Tracy, Carmen, Elektra, Frank, Tee and Toby.

"Ok listen up please guys." Mike says. "Today is all about team-building. Learning how to work together out here in the beautiful countryside."

Elektra starts to complain to Mike about Harry being on her team and that he'll slow them down.

"Look we split you into teams only because it's easier to keep an eye on you. It's not a competition."

"Lucky for you, because if it was, you'd lose." I say, knowing it would annoy her.

"You'd lose." She replies.

"No. You would." Liam says and everyone starts fighting over who would lose. Oops. Mike had us pick names for each other. In my team they were:
-Mad Mike
-Lippy Liam
-If you seek Aimee
-Fussy Gus
-Johnny Rotten
-Luscious Lil
-Slinky Sapphire

And Team B was:
-G Force Gina
-Frank N Stein
-Elektra Cute
-Racy Tracy
-Toby (Or Not To Be)
-Kicking Carmen
-Steaming Tee
-Jungle Harry

Everyone was still fighting until Gina stopped us.

"Quiet!" She shouts.

***

"Are you ready?" Mike asks us.

"Yeah." I mumble not paying attention. I was watching Liam play his game until Mike snatches his phone. "Oi, he was on level nine!"

"Hey, no mobile phones today." He puts it into his hat. "Just you versus nature. In fact, no gadgets at all. Give them all up."

After protesting we put them in his hat. He stops and looks at me.

"What?"

"All of them."

"That is all of them." He just gives me a look and I huff before taking my spare phone out from under my jacket sleeve. "Happy?"

He nods and puts them away while we all go to the obstacle course set up.

"Right teams, I want you to take your time." Gina says. "We dont want anyone getting hurt. And especially what is important is that you work together! Yay!"

Everyone starts cheering and Elektra turns to me and Liam.

"Revenge time." She says.

Mike blows the whistle and Liam and Elektra go. When they get to the climbing post Liam stops and Mike blows the whistle again. This time me and Tee go.

Liam helps me up the climbing post before going. When Mike blows the whistle I help Johnny up and climb down.

I start running and speed past Liam and Elektra, being first to cross the line. I watch as our team help each other while the other team carry on. Liam and Elektra cross the line.