Introduction

The Importance of Being Kept" is the third and last interracial business romance trilogy which consists of our favorite characters from "Loving Mia" and "Kept" combined.

When Kia tricks her father, Aidan, into letting her to go New York after her graduation, all hell breaks loose in more ways than one. Her decision has a major effect on everyone, especially the twins who will stop at nothing to keep her by their sides.

Darren and Bryan are identical twins who has had it easy their entire lives. When they realize Kia is about to leave them, they jump into action and offers her a job she can't resist to keep her in San Francisco. They think they've won, but feisty little Kia is about to show them that she's not someone to easily control like they do everyone else. This kitten has claws and her scratches are painful. Can Darren and Bryan tame the wild, spit-fire and teach her how to be responsible in the real world she's about to embrace without ruining the simmering passion between the three of them?

Kia Brayden Adair always had a love/hate relationship with the twins. She couldn't wait to get away from them and her crazy family, but the twins sabotage her chance and offer her a dream job that makes her stay. Now she finds herself working for the two of the most demanding young business men in California and the most arrogant men she's ever had the unpleasant experience of knowing. Kia realizes too late that not only is she working for them, but the twins hold her entire life in the palm of their hands. She finds herself "kept" by the twins who pays for her entire luxurious lifestyle and monitors her every move. They are used to being in complete control even with her. Someone needed to tame these men into treating people like human beings and she is just the one to show them, that is when she's not being seduced by the two gorgeous men who are determined to make her theirs.

Brandon Adair Brayden, Kia's fraternal twin brother, has had it easy with women his entire life until he begins to develop feelings for Kaylee Jenkins, Kia's best friend. Kaylee is the opposite of everything Brandon is used to having in a woman. She's quiet, classy, and so innocent it scares him. She's the "good girl" he never thought he could have, but always wanted to keep close.

When Kaylee moves into her own apartment, Brandon realizes his feelings for her go deeper than even he expected when he constantly worries about her being alone. Still, Brandon continues to resist her, thinking that a guy like him could never make a girl like Kaylee truly happy, until one night she walks into his club and forces him to acknowledge his feelings for her once and for all. Now he's determined to make her his by any means necessary even if it means losing his club, ending his wild ways, and taking complete control of her life.

Kaylee has always liked Brandon even when he was scaring the crap out of her or bullying her around. The man is hot. Everything about him is filled with a vast amount of testosterone and masculinity. But Kaylee also know Brandon leads a very wild and crazy lifestyle that does not fit into hers. However, it never stopped her from admiring him or even fantasizing about a life together. When Kaylee decides to give Brandon a surprise visit at his club she actually witness his wild life for the first time and her fantasy of him is destroyed. She realizes it will never work between them, but Brandon is determined to be with her despite her protests. He takes over her life before she can stop him. Now she finds herself "kept" and relentlessly chased by a man who's hell bent on keeping her by his side no matter what it takes. Kaylee begins to fall for him, hard, but will the quiet, shy Kaylee be able to deal with Brandon's overbearing ways or will he end up scaring her away for good?

These guys are worse than their fathers you have been warned. LOL