Chapter 21. The Big Dinner

After a month passed by with nothing happening, no sudden leaves or strange random phone calls, or anything out of the ordinary Kia was beginning to doubt herself about the twins and her brother's secret life. Kaylee had nothing to report to her and once again seemed to have forgotten about it after a while. She sighed this was ridiculous had she missed her opportunity out of sheer nosiness?

"Well, this turned out to be better than I expected. I can't believe everyone made it," Mia said as they gathered around the dinner table. They were in the formal dining room and all dressed up for the occasion because Mia had insisted it.

"I still don't see why we couldn't have had it at my place. It's much bigger," Taylor commented causing Mia to roll her eyes.

Kia looked around. Everyone was here tonight. At least everyone that mattered, even Richard. They rarely had dinners this big, but when they did Kia made sure not to miss it because it was always entertaining.

Kaylee sat beside Brandon staring at everyone expectantly. Mia, Kale, Aidan and Brandon had bragged so much about her cooking that everyone had insisted she prepare dinner. Kia couldn't help but giggle at her expression. The girl was nervous as hell around Taylor and Kaitlyn. She kept wiping the sweat off her forehead and staring at them with big eyes. No one had eaten yet since they were all just beginning to sit at the table.

"My goodness Kaylee you cooked all of this? It's practically a feast!" Kaitlyn commented. "It looks so beautiful."

Kaylee blushed.

"She's been in our kitchen since early this morning working away like a slave. Wouldn't even let me help," Mia told them and smiled proudly at Kaylee.

"It looks damn good and I can't wait to tear into it," Kale said. "What are we waiting for?" He looked around impatiently.

"Someone to say grace," Kaitlyn told him.

Taylor sighed and rolled his eyes. "You insist on holding on to..."

"You say it!" Kaitlyn demanded and narrowed her eyes at him.

Taylor looked taken back. "I...um..."

"If you don't...there's going to be a price to pay," she threatened. She was sick of him constantly teasing her about her "old fashion southern ways" as he put it. "And Kaylee, I'm sure, would appreciate it after all the work she did because it is "the southern way" isn't it, Kaylee?"

Kaylee eyes got even wider. She was nervous enough being around these two powerful people and now they were pulling her into a middle of their argument. They both stared at her from across the table. If she agree with Kaitlyn, Taylor might get angry and so will the twins, if she agreed with Taylor, Kaitlyn would definitely get angry and so would the twins. "I'll say it!" she told them.

"Nope, Taylor's going to say it," Kaitlyn insisted to the amusement of the others.

Everyone stared at him. Taylor's face turned slightly pink. "Damn you woman for embarrassing me like this when you know I don't know how."

"Well then maybe you'll hush up and let me have my way when I do it?" Kaitlyn told him. "But you're still going to say it for once in your life in front of me and everyone else."

Taylor gave his beautiful wife an annoyed look. "Fine! Everyone hold hands. Isn't that how you do it or do you close your eyes?"

"We'll do both," Kaitlyn grinned.

Mia shook her head at the two but was having too much fun to stop them. Everyone held hands and closed their eyes.

"Well this should be interesting," Aidan mumbled with his eyes closed.