Chapter 20. Trusting Kia

"What do you mean you don't want to go?!" Darren yelled at Kia as she stood in front of them with her arms crossed facing the two frustrated men sitting on the couch. "Do you know how hard it was for us to make this decision?!"

"I didn't put you through anything. I gave you what you wanted and you still weren't satisfied. I told you I've changed my mind, I don't want to go right now. I've been thinking and you're right about everything. I should at least have experience before I throw myself out there. I'm willing to wait to see how things work out here. Besides, the fact that you were willing to give up everything and just take off to New York with me says something about you two."

"That we're just as crazy as you?" Bryan mumbled.

"No, that you really do love me," Kia grinned at them.

"Was there ever any doubt?!" Darren yelled at her again frustrated as hell. He suddenly stood up facing her. "I don't understand you at all, Kia. Has this been one big game just to see how far we would go for you?"

"No," Kia said. "A girl just needs time to think things over. I was wrong to rush into this, that's all."

"At least she admits it," Bryan said.

Darren stared down at her suspiciously. "Are you sure about this? Will this affect us in any way?"

"Darren, I am surprised at you. You act like you don't trust me!" Kia stared up at him, offended.

"I just find it hard to believe that you would change your mind so quickly over something you fought so hard over. It's not like you to just...give up, Kia."

"How many times do I have to tell you? I've seen the light! Truly, seen the light. New York can wait for now. I need to focus on getting my life together before I go rushing off to a place I've never been to and besides, I'd miss my family like crazy and I'm not sure I'm actually ready to leave them completely."

"Well, makes sense to me," Bryan said standing up. "Glad you finally came around, Kia. For a moment you had us stressing out." He pulled her into his arms and kissed her cheek. "You know we'd never let you leave us, we'd follow to the ends of the world if we have to just to keep you by our sides."

"I know," Kia said. "I know..."

*********************************************************************************

"Ugh, shopping for groceries," Kia said as they walked down the aisle. "Why don't you hire someone to do it for you? I don't like grocery stores. Never had to buy food for myself. My parents always did it for me and now Darren and Bryan's maid does it."

"And the rich girl in you finally begins to show herself," Kaylee shook her head. "I'm sorry I don't have the maid that you share with your boyfriends to do my shopping for me. Besides, I like going to the grocery store, it's relaxing. So now tell me this big news that you had to follow me to the grocery store because it just couldn't wait."

"Well, I need the privacy, I wanted to talk to you in person because I don't know if my damn phone is bugged."

"What are you talking about?" Kaylee stopped pushing her basket to look at her.

"The guys finally gave in to letting me go to New York, but only if they went with me. They were willing to leave San Francisco to follow me to New York, I thought it was the most romantic thing ever."

"Oh my gosh! You're going to New York after all!" Kaylee said excitedly.

"No, I'm not, I changed my mind."

Kaylee stared at her in confusion. "What? Why?"

"Because there's something going on with those two and it's beyond any and everything you could imagine."