Chapter 7. A New Perspective

"Did you forget you gave me free access to your penthouse to come and go as I please? I didn't mean to intrude; I came here to tell you I left my clothes in your car.... I... I should leave." Kia couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence without forcing her brain to co-operate. Her brain had mentally shut down after hearing the twins argue over her.

Bryan shot off the couch before she could take one step out the door. There was no way he was letting her go after hearing them. If they let her go, she may walk out of their lives forever. He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards them.

"I really don't want to be here," Kia protested as she tried to free herself, but Bryan had a strong grip on her, and he wasn't letting her go.

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!" he yelled and nervously ran his fingers through his hair.

Darren stared at Kia. "You run from us and we'll find you...wherever you go..." he told her coldly.

Was he threatening her? "Guys, you do understand this is a very uncomfortable situation for me, I'm sure for all of us, so let me go, dammit!"

"Never," Bryan told her and then pulled her into his arms. He held her close and mumbled in her ear. "This is a fucked-up way for you to find out, Kia, but to tell you the truth, no matter how mortified we are, I'm glad you finally know. I don't know how long I could go on with this...secret."

Kia could feel his heart pounding in his chest, almost as fast as hers. "I think..." Her legs gave out.

Damn it, she was already full from dinner and exhausted from a long day of working and running around, that steep hill she'd climbed up to visit Kaylee had taken the rest of her energy, but no, she just had to go to the twins' penthouse because she couldn't wait until the next day to get her clothes.

"Kia!" Darren's worried voice was suddenly close by as Bryan picked her up and carried her to the couch.

"I...I'm sorry, it's been a full day for me, I'm kind of exhausted and then this happens. It's just too much!"

"Have we been working you too hard?" Darren asked sitting beside her. "I'm sorry, honey, I know how stressful it is starting a new job and I've been particularly hard on you. You can have tomorrow off to rest."

"That is, if you promise you won't try to leave us..." Bryan said.

"Why are you two so afraid I'm going to run away from you?" Kia noticed she was in Bryan's lap and wiggled to get free. He let her sit on the couch which wasn't any better since she sat between the twins who hovered over her completely eliminating her personal space. Being so close to them was nerve-wracking since she'd just learn how they felt about her.

Was she destined for the same threesome relationship with the twins that her parents had? She'd never really thought about it until now. Sure, she had her fantasies, but that was exactly what it was...fantasies, but now she knew how they felt, there was no denying it anymore, and it scared the hell out of her.

"You've been running from us for a very long time..." Darren said gently.

"No, I haven't..." Kia said.

They stared at her.

"Okay, you're right, but that's because you're so controlling. All my life you've made me felt as if I was just someone you enjoyed bossing around and intimidating, pretty much like Brandon does Kaylee."

"We never knew you felt that way about us, Kia..." Bryan was disturbed by this new information. He looked at Darren.

"Kia, I know we come off harsh sometimes, especially me, but it's because we care about you so much. You are very precious to us," Darren told her and caressed the side of her face with his fingertip.