Chapter 13. The Sweetest Thing

"You know it's strange," Kia said as she sat at lunch with Kaylee the next day. "I have always been against my brother hooking up with you, but now that you two are together, I'm actually happy and excited for you..."

"Well at least one of us feels that way," Kaylee said. They sat outside under an umbrella in the patio section of an Indian restaurant.

"I thought this was what you wanted," Kia stared at her confused.

"It is! I've always wanted to be with Brandon, but now that I actually have him, I don't know what to do with him!"

Kia laughed. "Now that's funny cause most women know exactly what to do with my brother as gross as that sounds..."

"Oh I can't do that!" Kaylee waved her hands to hush her and blushed. "I'm still so nervous around him, Kia. It's like the crush you've had all these years suddenly acknowledges his feelings for you and he's there with you all the time. I've had all these feelings for him, but never considered the possibility that he might actually be mine, so now I don't know where to go from here..."

"Well that's really up to the man to take the lead, not you. Brandon wanted you, he's got you, now what? That's his problem to solve, not yours."

"He hasn't even kissed me yet and he's perfectly happy. He's just happy...I've never seen him smile so much."

"You mean he's happy because he's lounging around your house, eating up your food, and bossing you around that does make him happy, I should know I grew up with him..." Kia laughed.

"He spent the night Sunday, he slept in one of my bedrooms and yesterday he left to meet with some people about starting another business. He came back that night and took me out. I wasn't ready. He didn't say anything about taking me out, he just pops up and drags me out of the apartment."

Kia giggled. "Oh boy, you do know you're dealing with a caveman..."

"That's what I thought too, that and every testosterone filled animal I can think of."

"So where did you go?"

"To the beach."

"The beach?!"

"Some of his friends were having a party on the beach and he wanted me to meet them. He has a lot of friends, some I remember from the club. They were pretty nice, at least the men were...his female friends...didn't really like me."

"Well that's to be expected," Kia said. "I had a problem with some of the women at my job, but the twins straightened that up for me. I hope Brandon didn't let those women attack you."

"No, he didn't, as a matter of fact, he made sure everybody knew I was his and that he was in a long-term relationship with me," Kaylee giggled. "He made me feel...special. I hadn't expected him to do anything like that. Also, I'd been worried that he would still associate with his female friends, but he told them I was the only woman he needed in his life now."

"That's because those women "friends" of his were all sleeping with him. He wanted to make sure they knew that was never going to happen again. I'm proud of Brandon, this is a huge step for him. He's never introduced any of his female companions to anyone. He's dead serious about you girl and it seems he couldn't wait to show you off. Did you have a good time?"

"I did! His male friends accepted me and made me feel comfortable around them and that's saying something cause Brandon's friends are...kind of like him. They're all big, intimidating looking guys, but outrageously good-looking too."

"Oh yeah, Brandon does have some cute friends," Kia giggled.

"He hasn't even kissed me, yet..." Kaylee suddenly confessed.