epilogue 3

-16 years later-

"Come back here, you!" I watch as Brad chases after our two-year-old son, Oliver, who's laughing his head off.

"Olly, hurry don't let daddy catch you!" I laugh. Even after all these years of being married and raising our children, I still fall more in love with Brad whenever I see him playing with our kids. "Olly?" I call out to him and he stops running and looks at me expectantly. "Guess what? Your brother and sister are going to be coming home from school soon." 

"Yay!" He claps his hands in excitement. He loves his siblings with his whole heart and it makes me so happy. I grin as Brad catches him before spinning him around and blowing raspberries on his little tummy, causing him to laugh. I swear Oliver was like my mini Brad running around and when they were next to each other, you could see just how much he looked like his father.

"Mum, Dad, we're home!" My oldest, Mia, calls out as she and Will walk in through the front door. Mia had Brad's looks but with my light, green eyes, and William was my twin with the blonde hair and green eyes. When Mia was only two years old, we found out I was pregnant with Will and we were so happy to have a little baby boy, and then when little Olly came around we became even happier.

"MI MI! WILL!" Olly ran towards them in excitement as Brad and I chuckle. Once I get a good look at my daughter, worry takes over me. All I do is grab ice cream with two spoons and lead her to my room.

"Honey, what's wrong?" I ask as we climb under the bed covers and I wrap my arms around her.

"I hate boys." She wipes her eyes.

"Oh me too, your dad can really get on my nerves sometimes," I say and she laughs slightly.

"Mason cheated on me." She cries into my shirt.

"Oh, honey, what happened?"

"There was a party on Friday. Mason begged me to go but I really wasn't feeling like it, so I told him to go on without me. Today some girl came up to me and showed me a video of Mason and another girl making out. He keeps saying that he's sorry and that he loves me but I don't believe it. If he did, he wouldn't have kissed another girl." She explains and I sigh, all too familiar with this situation.

"Well, I know how you feel. The exact same thing happened to me."

"With one of your old boyfriends?" She asks and I shake my head. "Then who was it?"

"Your dad," I tell her and she choked on her ice cream.

"Dad cheated on you?!" She exclaims, appalled.

"Yeah, he was on tour and claimed he missed me so he got drunk and kissed the girl they were on tour with."

"That makes no sense."

"Trust me, I know."

"What did you do?"

"Well, there was a lot of arguing and I didn't really talk to him for about six months. Luckily, he gave me time and space and I forgave him." I tell her. "I'm not saying that you shouldn't go back to Mason because then I'd be an absolute hypocrite but just go with your gut feeling and I will support you one hundred percent." I comfort her and she lays her head on my lap.

"Hey what's going on?" Brad walks into the bedroom and sits on the bed by us.

"Boys." Mia mumbles and Brad goes into protective mode.

I hold direct eye contact with my husband as I say, "Mason was at some party Mia wasn't and decided to get drunk and kiss another girl. Some girl videoed it and showed it to Mia."

He knew exactly what I was talking about and was speechless for just a moment. "Can you give me his address, Mi? He shouldn't have done that."

"That would make you a hypocrite," Mia said and I burst out laughing, high-fiving my daughter.

"You told her?!" Brad stares at me, bewildered. 

"Well, how else am I supposed to comfort my daughter when she's going through the same things I went through?" I say and that shuts him up. I lean over and kiss his cheek, "Love you though."

"Mm, love you too. What were you telling Mia?"

"That we'd support her decision whether or not she decided to get back together with him," I informed him and Brad agrees. Soon William and Olly climb into our bed and snuggle in close as we turn on a movie. With my husband lying next to me and my children squeezing in between us, I know life couldn't get better.

surprise epilogue for you!

I hope you enjoyed it and make sure to read the next chapter:)

-Madi