17

Two days later, I finally decided to suck it up and go back home. I don't even know what I'm supposed to say to my dad because I'm not going to agree with him. Luckily, I get home and find that my dad has been at work all day.

"Hey mum," I say as I walk through the front door.

"Oh honey I missed you," She hugs me. "How was Tate's?"

"It was good. How's dad been?"

"He's..." she hesitates. "he's been a bit better. I think he's slowly trying to come to terms with you dating. Emphasis the slowly." She tells me with a sigh.

"Finally, ugh," I say. "Oh and a couple days ago brad asked me to be his girlfriend." I squeal and mum joins in.

"Oh honey that's so great! I still need to meet him properly. He sounds wonderful." She smiles.

"He is." I smile as well. "Is dad at work?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Maybe you can meet brad then?" I suggest and she immediately agrees so I ring brad.

"Hi char." He answers.

"Hi brad. Do you want to come over today? My dad's at work all day."

"Yeah, I would love to! Does right now work?" He asks me and I repeat the question to mum and she says yes. "See you soon, love." He says and we both hang up the phone. Ten minutes later, we get a little knock on the back door so I open it with a confused look.

"Why did you come in through the back door?" I laugh lightly and he shrugs. We walk into the kitchen where my mum is cooking up some food. "Mum, this is Brad. Brad, this is my mum." I smile as I make introductions. 

"Brad it's so good to finally meet you! Charlie talks about you a lot." My mum smiles and my cheeks start to burn.

"So I've heard." He smirks, amused. I roll my eyes and slap him playfully on the arm. "And nice to meet you too." He adds with a smile.

"So sorry about my husband, I know it's hard." My mum smiles sadly.

"It's fine," he lies. "We're managing."

I plant a small kiss on brad's lips before saying, "We'll be up in my room if you need us, mum."

"Alright sweetie, just no funny business." She tells us as we head up the stairs.

"Can't promise anything." I joke, earning surprised looks from both brad and my mum. "I'm joking." I laugh. We get to my room and I flop down on my bed with brad following suit. "What do you want to do?"

"Honestly? Just cuddle." He gives me a cute affiliative smile.

"Today's your lucky day because I was just about to say the same thing." I roll into him and he drapes a protective arm over me to pull me close. "How's your music going?" I whisper after a few minutes of comfortable silence. To make myself more comfortable, I tangle my legs with his which makes him smile and pull me closer. He buries his head in the crook of my neck before muttering "Good."

"Just good?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Amazing." He lifts his head with a smile, places a sweet kiss on my nose and lays back down. We stay there for about an hour and a half until I hear a certain pair of footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Brad that's my dad. Go hide in my closet." He does as I say and closes my closet door quickly but quietly. Not a second later, my dad walks in.

"Why are you home so early?" I try to act casual.

"Just was done with everything a little earlier than usual."

"So you finally decided to talk to me?" I ask with raised eyebrows. I'm hoping my dad says nothing bad because brad can hear it all. "It's been a week."