6

It's been a week since my party with brad and although i had a blast, my guilt increases each day. I feel like i burned the bridge with my parents trusting me even though they don't know it. Although i thought not talking to boys was a very very strict rule, i decided to listen to it for once. Decided to listen to all the rules now. Therefore, i decided to turn off my phone so i wouldn't be tempted to speak or text brad. I'm heartbroken because i like him a lot but as long as i'm under my dads roof i follow his rules. So my new norm is now baggy clothes, no fun parties, and no brad. I gotta get used to this. It was a friday night and i was sat down in the living room with my parents while i ate ice cream as we watch too many comedy movies. I see a car pull up discreetly in front of my house, knowing full well who it is but then ten minutes later, the car leaves. The whole situation just makes me frustrated and sad.

"Char why aren't you going over to tate's again? Is everything alright?" My mum asks, worried.

"Yeah i'm fine. I think she's going to a party again tonight and if i go over she'll drag me to one sooo that's a no."

"What about sky?" 

I shrug before saying, "Eh i just want to stay home tonight."

"Sweetie what's wrong? You've been down all week." My mum observes.

"No i haven't. What makes you say that?" I lie.

"Well for one, you're sat here eating ice cream while binging movies with your parents on a friday night. Two, i've got the motherly instinct that tells me whenever my child is sad."

I sigh, finally giving up. I'm just glad my mother is a lot more lenient than my father.

"You know you can talk to me about anything right?"

"Yep." I say, wondering if i should really tell her. "Can i talk to you right now?" I ask, hesitantly.

"Of course." She smiles and she follows me up to my room. "What's going on?" She asks, closing my door as i plop down on my bed with a big sigh.

"Boys."

"What about them?"

"I know i'm not supposed to but i'm talking to one." I finally admit and i surprisingly see her smile. Well that was not expected.

"That makes me so happy!" She beams.

"Uhh...you are? You're fine with me breaking the rules?"

"You're not a child anymore Char and unfortunately dad doesn't want to come to terms with that. You are an adult so you can make your own decisions." She says which makes me smile. "Now what has this boy done to make my daughter sad?"

"He didn't do anything. It was me. I knew i had broken every rule in the book so i wanted to try again and not break them anymore. So i just turned my phone off so i couldn't be tempted to talk to him." I sigh and in response my mum grabs my phone from off my desk and turns it on before handing it to me.

"Talk to him. Dating is a part of life, especially if you want to get married. How did you guys meet?" My mum asks, wanting all the juicy details.

"well that's another rule i broke. A few weeks ago when i went to tatum's, she made me go to a party with her and, of course, she ditched me to go find her friends. And this boy and i just kinda made eye contact and we didn't speak until the next week when he approached me and i got his number that night. Last week when i said i was going to bed early? He actually came and picked me up to take me to another party. And tonight i saw him pull up and wait but obviously i didn't go with him." It feels really good to confess.

"What's his name?" She says.

"Brad." I smile.

"Call him and tell him that you're coming to the party." She says and i'm honestly shocked.

"I would," I hesitate again. "But i'm too tired to do all the party stuff right now."

"Go live your life! You can be tired later."

"I've been to parties for the past three weeks. I need a break but i'll call him tomorrow to apologize."

"i want to meet this brad."

"I want you to meet him too but i don't think that's be possible with dad around." I say truthfully.

"I'll find a way to convince him." My mum smiles.

"Thank you." i say. "Now i really am tired this time." I laugh.

"Okay but it's fine if you sneak out." She laughs.

"Yeah yeah yeah." i say and she leaves the room as i get changed and fall asleep.

ayooo

gotta be honest, at first i was panicking bc i didn't know what to write it in this chapter and then when i finally did, i couldn't figure out the "my guilt increases each day" part. i was like "is it more guilty by the day or i feel guiltier by the day? Is guiltier even a word?! *googles it* Yes it is but is it the r i g h t word?" i probably spent a good thirty minutes just trying to figure out that one little part

i swear ever since quarantine started i've become stupider

 hope you enjoyed!

 btw i love seeing your comments and what you think of the story

love you guys

-madi xx