8

I'm definitely not crying over sometimes

Brad and I have been hanging out for a couple of months now and I'm loving every minute of it. I love getting to know him better and he's the best friend a girl could ever ask for. A best friend that the girl likes but is too scared to tell him. Me going to parties with him has become a weekly tradition and today is that day. I told my mum what I was doing and she said she'd cover for me. Wow, I love her. It's currently eight-thirty so I decide to start getting ready by taking a nice long shower and blow dry it. I put my hair into two loose french braids before doing my makeup. I didn't do anything fancy with my make up because I don't care that much but I just don't want to look like a pale ghost without it. I slip on my floral lace black bralette with my white Hollister ripped jeans and my black converse to go with it.  I slide a couple of rings on my fingers before hooking a simple gold necklace around my neck. 

"Mum? Can you come up here for a bit?" I call down to her, needing her opinion on my outfit. 

"Yes, of course." I hear her say and she gasps when she walks in and sees me.

"Oh, honey you look beautiful! He'll love it!" She smiles.

I roll my eyes but smile all the same. "I don't dress for him, mum."

"I know I know." She says and a couple minutes later I get a text from brad saying that he's at the backdoor. I say goodbye to my mum and sneak out the door. I turn around after closing the door quietly and see brad staring at me.

"Hey Brad." I smile. When he hears his name he seems to snap back to reality.

"Oh hey sorry," He smiles. "Looking gorgeous tonight." He winks and I follow him to his car. "What have you been doing in the two days I haven't seen you?"

"Just hanging out with my friend. That's pretty much it. You?"

"I've been working on a couple of songs with the boys." He tells me excitedly.

"Ooo can I hear them?" I ask hopeful.

"Yep. When they're released." He says and I smack his arm playfully. "Just kidding I'll let you hear them when they're finished."

"You better." We arrive at the party a few minutes later and we make our way through the crowds of people until we make it to the kitchen. We have a couple of drinks and then I feel someone hug me from behind so I turn around and I see Skylar. "Sky!? What are you doing here?"

"I'll have to ask you the same thing! A couple guys invited me yesterday and obviously I said yes."

"Because you're a party girl now?"

"And you are?" She returns the look I was giving her. "Anyways, why are you here?"

"I'm with Brad." I smile and Brad waves.

"Hey Brad, I'm Skylar, Char's best friend." They shake hands. "I've heard a lot about you."

"You have?" Brad looks at me with pure amusement written all over his face and my cheeks start to heat up. "All good things I hope?"

"All amazing things. She talks about you all the time."

"Oh?" He smirks.

"Sky shut up and go find your guys." I push her away and turn back to brad.

"You talk about me?" He smirks.

"Oh shut it." I roll my eyes and brad changes the subject thankfully.

"Can we dance?" He holds out his hand and I grab it.

"Oh yes please." I smile and we run into the group of people and we dance our hearts out. Because it's so crowded, Brad feels like he has to keep his hands on my waist to keep me from getting trampled, which I don't complain about. Right when his skin comes in contact with mine, I feel like a cluster of butterflies just burst in my stomach but I try to suppress it. After a little bit, we both need fresh air so we go sit on the porch steps. I rest my head on his shoulder and he leans his head on my head.