31

I wake up the next morning in my own bed and not wanting to get out. When I left the party last night, I decided to just take an uber back home instead of waiting up for Tatum. Before the party, I honestly thought that I had cried every tear but after I ran into Brad, I realized I was mistaken. I bet I looked like an absolute mess with my red puffy eyes from crying the night before.

After laying in bed for another thirty minutes, I decide to be productive today. I take a quick shower and do my hair and makeup before I change into some denim short shorts and a grey lace bralette.

 I take a quick shower and do my hair and makeup before I change into some denim short shorts and a grey lace bralette

I wasn't planning on going anywhere today so I decided to dress cute for myself. I cleaned the apartment, I watched TV, I cooked, etc etc. I was in the middle of cleaning the kitchen when there was a knock on the door. Unfortunately, I didn't look through the peephole. I swing the door open only to see brad on the other side. Great. I start to close it again but he puts a hand on the door, stopping it from closing. I open my mouth to say something but Brad interrupted me.

"Charlie, I don't want you to talk. I want to talk to you and I want you to listen, okay?" He says and I hesitate before nodding my head.

"Charlie, you do not know how bad i'm beating myself up about this and I regret this so much. It was the last night of the tour and I was missing you so much, so the guys and I decided to go to a bar after the show. I got unbelievably drunk and pretty much lost all common sense. Our good friend, Maggie, was there as well and you know what happens...." He trails off, becoming quiet but I can tell he's not done yet. "You don't know how much I regret that night. I love you so much it hurts and you drive me crazy, Charlie Thompson. I'm so sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me right now but I'm hoping that sometime soon we can start again."

I take a deep breath before saying, "You're wrong about one thing, Brad. I've already forgiven you because I don't think holding grudges does anyone any good but you broke my heart into a million pieces. I do believe that sometime, sooner or later, we can start over again but that takes time. I have to learn how to trust you again."

Brad lets out a deep breath I didn't know he was holding and smiles slightly. "Thank you for forgiving me."

I smile slightly. "You're welcome. But I have to understand something. If it was the last day of the tour and you were missing me so much, why didn't you wait until the next day when you could see me?"

"Like I said, I got unbelievably drunk and ruined it for us." He says sadly. "I've been keeping my distance because I know you need time and space but I thought it was time to apologize since I didn't get to do it last night."

"Thank you for giving me space and for the apology."

"You're welcome."

It's a very short chapter I know but I'm very tired and I'm also at a swim meet but I PR'd today!! WOOO
Anyways, hope you enjoyed:)
-Madi