Sonia x Leon [Dreams are not reality]

When Sonia was younger, she dreamed of being a Pokémon Trainer. She had her own Pokémon and the will to achieve her dreams.

Then...why was she a Pokémon Professor?

Because she realised that she would never be able to reach Leon.

Never.

He kept rising up and up, and she couldn't follow him. Sonia was happy to see him as the champion, really. But a part of her resented it because their friendship wasn't never the same after that.

Leon didn't have time anymore to hang out with her, with all his duties as champion and battling with everyone. Sonia would see him from time to time, but only a few words would be exchanged.

When Gloria became champion, he had time. So much time for himself. And yet they didn't talk after that. Leon was mainly at the tower, and she was busy training his brother Hop.

Often Sonia would find herself looking at the window, seeing a younger version of herself with a younger version of Leon laughing and playing, Pokémon in tow.

Maybe if she didn't give up her dreams, their friendship would have stayed the same. Maybe she could be standing next to him right now, helping him reach even greater heights.

But it was too late for any of those thoughts. If she could go back in time, she would fight to become champion.

Even if she could never reach him.

"Sonia? I need help!"

Sonia turned away from the window and smiled at Hop, who was squinting at the computer. He really tried his best to learn, although he might need some glasses because that squinting wasn't good.

"Coming!"

Sonia didn't realise that what Hop is doing now is what she did in the past. He had a rival as well, and he lost. His dream of being champion was crushed. He couldn't become champion.

And instead he wanted to be a Pokémon Professor. To be her assistant.

He seemed happy now but....it always made her feel bad when she was reminded of that.

Because she liked being a Pokémon Professor, she truly did but she still had regrets.

_____________
Sonia didn't expect to run into Leon, but she did. She was just passing by the battle tower while running an errand and she saw him exit the building. He looked the same as always, smiling brightly.

He still had the same long purple hair, but without his signature hat. She kind of missed it in all honesty. He was wearing this odd princely red outfit that looked pretty good on him, she had to admit.

At this rate he would see her. And she couldn't do it. Not now anyway.

She pulled out a book from her bag and covered her face. Maybe he wouldn't notice her if she stared at her book and walked quickly.

This was really unlike her, but she didn't want to face him while she had all these regrets. Leon would see through her.

He would blame himself and it's not his fault at all. It was hers for giving up. Besides, he seemed happier now and that was the most important thing.

If he didn't notice her than it would be easier. He was bad at directions so maybe it'll apply here. She walked by him, hurrying her steps a bit.

Yet she forgot about her signature orange hair with heart clips. And her bright white coat. And her iconic green fingertips. Everything that spelt "Sonia the Pokémon Professor that Leon clearly knows!"