Marnie x Male! Reader

It's been some time since (Y/N) became champion. He was busy doing what a champion does; battling. There were always those few who want to battle. He sent out his favourite pokemon, and began the battle.

Of course, he won, and the masses cheered. The champion smiled, and went down to the locker room, where he received a message. His Rotom phone flew out, and he read what it said.

Marnie: Good job there champion, let's meet up at Spikemuth, I want to battle.

(Y/N) was a little shocked to receive anything from Marnie. After the...incident at the Budew Hotel, he thought she would avoid him for a while.

He saw her trying to smile, while talking to her Morpeko. He didn't mean to, but she ran out in embarrassment, and he didn't know what to do. Her smile looks so cute, and all he wanted was to make her smile, no matter how that sounds.

He wanted to see her again, so he could apologise for what he did. He texted her back.

(Y/N): Sure! I'm coming there right now, don't move anywhere.

Marnie: What makes you think I would go anywhere? I'm waiting for you after all.

(Y/N): I don't know..maybe to practice your smile?

Marnie: Shush. Are you coming or what?

(Y/N); I'm coming.

He smiled at their conversation, and quickly went to the Pokemon center to heal up his Pokemon. He wondered if Marnie was smiling as well.

And right he was, he just didn't know it. She smiled at his text messages. She always enjoyed talking to him, although she would never admit it. She wanted to try smiling to her fans...maybe she could start with him?

She quickly looked up to see (Y/N) coming towards her. Marnie changed her face to her usual expression, and waited.

"How long did you take?" She asked him, and he laughed. "Not too long I hope." Marnie shook her head. "Now, let's get on with it." She said, turning around, but he put a hand on her shoulder.

"Before we have a battle, I want to apologise for what happened." He said, and Marnie blushed, still embarrassed. "I..it's fine...not a huge deal..." She said, looking away. (Y/N) turned her around, and put his fingers on either side of her mouth, making her smile.

"And now it's fine." He said, smiling with his eyes closed. Marnie looked like a red tomato, and she couldn't comprehend this.

"A.a.are we goin' to battle or..." She stuttered. He stopped and started walking. "Let's do this."

_______