Leon x Sonia (Stupid Tower)

Sonia became the professor, and life hasn't changed too much. Hop became his assistant, and she enjoys his company...although sometimes he drops something or messes somewhere up.

It was a quiet day at the lab, with no new trainers wanting to get a pokedex or anything. Sonia sat on the couch, her thoughts drifting to her memories of when she was doing the Gym Challenge.

Which reminds her, where has Leon been up to? She hasn't seen for some time. She turns to Hop, and asks him, "Hop, do you know where Leon has went?"

"He's at the newly refurbished Battle Tower...although...." Hop started, Sonia frowned. "What's the matter?" She asked, and Hop smiled sadly. "He hasn't left the tower. Ever since it was finished...he never left." He explained, and Sonia sighed.

She stood up suddenly, and slammed her hands on the table, starting Hop. "That's it!" She cried angrily, walking towards the door. "Where are you going?!" Hop cried, and she said angrily, trying to keep herself together: "I'm going to visit a dear old friend. Keep the lab together, Kay?" And with that, she slammed the door behind her, Hop blinked. Remind him to never get Sonia mad.

She flew to Wyndon, and walked into the battle tower, and walked to the desk. "Thank you for coming! This is the Battle Tower. Can I help you with anything?" The lady asked, and Sonia smiled sweetly. "I'm here to see Leon." She said, and the lady's face changed. "I'm sorry, but he said no visitors." Sonia smiled, and leaned in. "You see, I'm the Professor, and his rival. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little visit from me, wouldn't he?" She said, and the lady gulped. She handed her a key card. "He's on the top floor." And with that, Sonia smiled and took the key card with her manicured hands, and entered the elevator.

Once she got up there, she was met with Leon standing there, looking in surprise. He was wearing a new outfit, which kind of made him look like a prince. "Sonia? What are you doing here?" He asked, and she walked up to him. "I was wondering how my rival was doing. I didn't think he would be cooped up in a tower." She said, and he looked away. "I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm glad you're here." He said, looking back at her.

"How glad? Apparently you didn't want any visitors. What's going on?" She said, and he sighed. "Look Sonia, I..." He started, and she cut him off.

"Don't you 'Look Sonia' me! I'm worried about you! Hop, your own brother, told me that you haven't left this daft tower!" She yelled, and he turned away. "Sonia...I think it's best you leave."

"The Leon I knew would never do this. What happened to having a champion time?!" She continued, but he started walking away. She clenched her teeth, and grabbed his arm.

"Leon. Why are you doing this?" She asked quietly, and he looked at her. She was right about not leaving the tower. But she wouldn't understand why. "Sonia. Let go." He said, and she held on tighter.

"I'm not letting you go until you leave this stupid tower and go see your family!" She cried in anger, starting to drag him. He was surprised to see how strong she was, but he resisted, pulling back.

"Why won't you let go? Leave me." He said, and she stopped. "Because...I care about you! I care about your brother!" She cried, tears coming down her face.

"Stupid Leon..." She whispered, wiping away her tears. Leon started to walk, until she spoke. "Did you see Hop's face?" She asked him, and he froze. "Did you see his face? It was so sad...and he was still smiling." She said angrily.

"You wouldn't understand." He finally said, his hat covering his face. Sonia ran towards him, and slapped his hat out of the way, revealing his face. "What wouldn't I understand?! You're up here because....you feel sorry for yourself!" She yelled, and he smiled.

"That's just like you Sonia. You always knew how I felt." He said, and she looked up at him in disbelief and anger.

"Stop hiding your feelings! That smile...it's fake. What happened to your real smile? Have you forgotten one thing?" She said, and he stayed quiet.

"Sonia, please. Leave me alone." He finally said, and silent tears came down her face. "No! I'm not leaving! You can't just push me away like this! You used to tell me everything...what happened?" She said quietly, and he turned around.

"Everything has changed Sonia! I'm not the champion anymore! What else am I meant to do?!" Leon yelled, finally letting his emotions out.

"You get out of this tower! Go see your family! Have fun! Just because you're not the champion doesn't mean no one will forget about you!" She yelled back.

"I can't! Without the tower...I'm nothing! I can't even face anyone because I don't want to see their faces when they find out that I'm not ok! I'm meant to be a strong role model!" He yelled, and she was going to yell back, until he cut her off.

"Get out Sonia! You've never understood me! What do you know about me?! You know nothing! You're just a person! What do you know about losing?!" He yelled at her, and she looked at him in shock. He realised what he said, and looking away. "Sonia...I didn't...I didn't mean..." He stuttered, and she turned away.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone. Who knew you were so far gone? I sure didn't. I mean...you...must really hate me." She said quietly, sobbing. Leon felt bad...really bad. He didn't mean to do this. He was just afraid of going out there.

"Sonia..." He said, and she took off, running to the elevator. She slammed on the button, sobbing. He ran and grabbed her arm, making her turn to look at him.

"Let go of me! Let go of me! What is your problem?!" She sobbed, trying to get out of his grasp. He wrapped his arms around her, and she pounded her fists on his chest.

"Sonia...." He said, and she continued to cry, pounding her fists. They stayed like this for a while, until Sonia was too tired to continue on. "Look Sonia...I-" He tried to say, but she pushed herself away from him.

"You already said it...I'm leaving." She said, and he wrapped his arms around her again. "Why won't you let me leave?" She said, looking into his golden eyes. "Because..." He said, kissing her.

Sonia was...surprised to say the least. She never would have thought that Leon would be kissing her (although she imagined it a few times). Nothing beats the real thing. He smiled, a true smile, and she blushed.

"I'm still mad at you." She huffed, and he shook his head. "What can I do to make you stop?" He asks, and she turns away. "Leave this tower. Then we can talk."

"Got it. Shall we go?"

She turned to him with a smile, a wholehearted smile.

"Yes!"

_______________________________________
Well I started shipping Leon and Sonia...and this idea came into my head that I had to write down. It's a bit angsty (I think), but I like it.

I'm still working on the other requests, which is why I closed them for now. They'll be reopened soon!

Thanks for reading!