Hop x Reader (Sneaky)

After his best friend and rival, (Y/N) (L/N) beat him one last time at the Slumbering Weald, Sonia offered him to become a professor in training. This story takes place a year after this.

________

Hop, the former champion's brother and the champion's rival, was at Professor Sonia's lab, working on his latest thesis on how Dynamaxing and Mega Evolution are linked.

He was in a slump. He didn't know what was wrong, but as he read and read, it made less and less sense. He groaned, taking off his glasses...did I not mention he has glasses?

The door to the lab slowly opened and closed, but Hop was too busy thinking to notice. Slowly, and quietly, (Y/N) came up to him. They put their hands on his shoulder and he looked up in surprise.

"(Y/N)?! What are you doing here?" He cried, and they looked at him with a smile. "I came to see you!" They said, and Hop raised a brow. "So you snuck away? Don't you have a match now?" He asked them, and they laughed nervously.

__________

Chaos broke out at Ballonlea Stadium. Official officers ran around, screaming. (Y/N) was meant to come to battle Bede, the gym leader...but they went missing.

Bede heard all this ruckus from outside his locker room, and came down, seeing everyone running around in panic and screaming.

"What is going on?!" He yelled, and they all stopped. One of them came to him. "The champion is missing! We lost them!" He cried, and Bede sighed, shaking his head.

"I swear...if they..." He muttered, and turned to everyone. "I'm going to go look for them." He said, and the officers started to cry. "Bede-sama! You're the best! Ever since Opal chose you..." they cried, and Bede left.

__________

"I didn't exactly sneak out...I took a break?" (Y/N) said nervously, and Hop smiled. "You shouldn't have stuck out, but I'm glad you're here!" He said, putting his glasses back on.

They noticed this, and looked at him in surprise. "You're wearing glasses now?" They asked, and Hop smirked. "They look amazing on me, don't they?" He said, touching his glasses.

They nodded, and looked at the computer screen. "What's this?" They asked him, and he sighed. "My thesis...I'm stuck at the moment." He said, looking tired. "Can I take a look?" (Y/N) asked, and Hop shook his head.

"Are you sure about that? I don't think you'll have a clue about what I'm writing about..." He said, and they scoffed. "Just because I'm not a professor in training doesn't mean I won't understand! I actually like reading thesis, thank you very much." They said, offended.

"No! I didn't mean it that way at all mate. I don't even get it myself, that's all." He quickly said, and they laughed. "I'm joking Hop, I think you're just tired. Let me see." (Y/N) said, moving him off the chair. He watched as they read, looking interested in what he wrote.

After a few minutes, they looked up and smiled. "This is interesting Hop, I like this paper, it's awesome!" They complemented, making Hop blush.

Little did they know that Hop harbours some feelings for them...but never had a chance to tell them. "I think I know where you went wrong." They said, pointing to a line on the computer.

"You wrote that Dynamaxing is the phenomenon which Pokemon change forms, such as a further evolution. I think you mixed up the meanings." They said, and Hop leaned in, close to (Y/N). They blushed, and Hop's eyes lit up.

"You're right! How didn't I see this before?! Thank you (Y/N)!" He cried, hugging them. "It's no problem..." They said, blushing more. Hop realised this and released them, blushing.

"Sorry about that!" He said, and (Y/N) smiled. Suddenly, the door burst open, and Bede came in. "(Y/N). There you are. Why did you leave?" He said, mad. They gulped, and Hop went in front of them.

"What's it to you grandma?" Hop said, and Bede gasped. Even after all this time...they still didn't like each other. "It looks like that you still have a big mouth." Bede snapped back. You could see lightning coming from between them.

(Y/N) went in between them. "Enough! I was the one who came here." they yelled, and the two boys both gulped. "Now...you two better get along....or no curry from me!" They said, and Hop slumped to the floor.

"Not your amazing curry! Anything but that!" He cried, and Bede shook his head. "We should be at my gym, not here." He said, and (Y/N) sighed. "Fine. Sorry Hop...would you like to come and watch? Take a break." She suggested, and Hop looked to his computer in worry.

"Are you going or not? I don't like people who waste my time." Bede simply said, and walked away with (Y/N) in tow. "Hey wait! Don't leave me!" Hop cried and ran after them.

At the stadium, Hop received a front row seat, curtsey of the champion, much to Bede's disdain. Hop cheered for (Y/N), and being the champion, won.

After the match, Hop busted into (Y/N)'s locker room, where they were talking to their pokemon. "Hop? How did you get here?" they asked, and he smirked. "Quite simple mate....I went around your ''guards" and ran in here." He explained.

"Anyway...it's just like old times..." they quietly said, remembering all of times that Hop would enter their locker room, sometimes while they were dressing.

"Yeah....I mean..I-woah!" He cried, tripping over, tumbling into them. Hop has quick reflexes, so he flipped you around, so he would take most of the impact. They closed their eyes, waiting for the impact...but there was nothing.

"Huh?" They said, and looked down to see Hop's smile. "Hop?! Are you ok?" They cried, and Hop grunted. "I'm fine...all good mate." He said, and (Y/N) quickly got off him.

"How many times has this happened?" They remarked, and Hop shrugged. "Why are these floors so slippery?" He asked, and they shrugged.

"(Y/N)...I-ring ring!" Hop's Rotom phone shot out, cutting him off. "Hop! What are you doing out of the lab?! I left for 5 minutes and you were already gone?!" Sonia yelled, making Hop smile nervously.

"(Y/N) visited me and she..." He started, until Sonia showed how much time he has left to submit it. "One hour?! I have to get going!" He yelled in panic, not before kissing them on the cheek. "See you later (Y/N)!" He yelled, running out the door.

_______________________________________
Here's a oneshot that came into my head one day. I hope you like it!