Mystery Girl

I go straight to Sonya after I walk out, still crying.

Sonya is sat near the food tables, deep in thought. She doesn't even notice me until I'm stood right in front of her.

"Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Her voice is soothing but does nothing to calm me down.

"Something happened when I was talking to Thomas. I don't really want to talk about it." I sob.

She doesn't say anything, just gives a nod.

I'm so lucky to have a friend like her.

Brenda comes up to me, a grin on her face.

"Why are you crying?" Now her grin is smug.

"None of your business, or do you want another black eye?" I threaten.

She doesn't say anything but the confidence is still visible on her face.

"Just face it - nobody likes you, and nobody will." Brenda sneers.

Sonya stands up with a really angry face.

"Back off! Nobody's ever liked you - ever."

Everyone is silent and watching us, including Brenda.

"What did you say?"

"Nobody. Likes. You. Clear enough?"

She starts cracking her knuckles, showing everyone she's not afraid.

"You wanna fight? Then let's go outside." Brenda replies.

"Fine."

The cold air whips my face, but it's nothing compared to the anger that's rising within me. Mess with me, I'll hit you. Mess with my friends, and I'll make sure you'll have broken bones.

Simple.

"So we gonna-" Brenda starts.

She can't say anything else before she's on the ground clutching her face in pain. I pin her down, like the night before, and keep punching her.

"What do you want from me?" I question.

"Thomas."

I stop for a moment and look her in the eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I want Thomas back."

"And you think we're going out?"

"Yeah, that's why I made my friend go and kiss him when I saw you two leave."

I sigh.

"We're not going out, not now, not ever."

"So why does he always look at you? And smile every time someone mentions you? Why does he always say your name after he stops daydreaming, if he doesn't like you?"

Wait, what? He does that?

"Just leave, and never interfere with my life again."

She nods and leaves.

After that, everyone goes back to the hall until it's just me and Sonya outside.

"Hey, do you wanna cut the party and just go back to yours?" She asks.

"I feel bad. You should be in there, enjoying the prom."

"I can honestly say I enjoyed the fight way more than anything." She gives me a reassuring grin.

I smile and nod.

When we get to my place, there's a note on the table - Aris is going out for a while with some friends which means I'm home alone.

"You realize everything she said was true, right?"

"What?"

"Thomas. You need understand that he likes you."

"But he's been ignoring me for the past week."

"Yeah but... Look, tomorrow just promise me you'll talk to him more."

"Fine, but that doesn't mean I like him."

I regret saying those words as soon as they come out, because it's not true and I can see that in Sonya's eyes she knows.

You requested another fight and I delivered. Comment what you think. Vote if it's good. Also comment what you think is gonna happen next. Thomesa for life.